Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request: LEB in Fremont/San Francisco
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request: LEB in Fremont/San Francisco

128MB RAM
500GB+ Transfer
Enough storage for a Debian 7 install.
1 CPU
1 IPv4
IPv6 is a nicety, but not required.
I'd like to avoid Atlantic.net & DigitalOcean (I've already got systems with them - I'm looking for an offsite system).
Budget: $15-20/year

Comments

• Forgot to mention - it also needs to support TUN/TAP.

• Ramnode are adding an LA location this week with a plan that would be perfect if LA will do (I don't know how far away LA is from SF)

Thanked by 1GoMutant
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

In Fremont you only have HE downstreams with this budget.

Thanked by 1GoMutant
  • You should consider San Jose as well, which is close to Fremont. This should open up your options a bit.

Of course, if you'd consider Southern California (much more in-demand location), there are plenty of options you'll be able to find in Los Angeles.

Thanked by 1GoMutant
  • Thanks for all the advise so far!
    I need it to be as close to Marin (which is just north of the areas listed) as possible, as I'm looking for the lowest ping possible.
    I'm fine with HE down streams; I've got 8-4ms ping to their Fremont location.
    In regards to Southern California - I've got a system with Quadranet (excellent service, btw) that I use for webhosting. While I would consider it for my purpose, I would like to see what options I have that may be a bit closer.

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam