Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry Pi Colo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry Pi Colo

13»

Comments

• @daily said:

@cmsjr123 said:
    It is perfect due to costs.

Explain. I think colocating a pi at current prices is totally not worth it. If you're talking about the Zero in general, that has nothing to do with the topic.

For many places power is a huge part of the cost.

The pi uses very little power and would help lower prices but that does not mean they will.
    Because a dc can set whatever.

Then you have internet. You are most likely not doing massive Bandwidth instensive tasks so you might be able to get away with a slower port or less total bandwidth.

Another is space. If you can reduce space then you can save on rent.

You can use single power supplies that feed multiple units and again save on space or get more efficient power supplies.

Over all. I think Tia a good idea

• cakecake Member

I know this thread is old, but I would like to add I think raspi colo is a great option if you don't trust your vps with kvm or what ever to not be lifting your data or snooping. For instance my current vps has free (forced) backups. I am testing co-locating a Odroid C2 with a installed emmc chip (I super glued it) and full LuKs (using dropbear to remote boot initfs). I am surprised how well it worked, and I can imagine its only a matter of time before more people decide to do the same and hopefully write some easy to follow tutorials. I have better specs on the Odroid C2 and a cheaper price per year to co-locate then my current VPS which is always rebooting (at least once a week). I think this is a good business to get into considering I could only find 3 places that allowed similar, but other than raspi and had a good price. 36 USD per year is really good I think for static IP and 100MB link.

• @cake said:
    my current VPS which is always rebooting (at least once a week).

If your VPS is always rebooting at least once a week, then you have a terrible VPS provider. Literally the worst kind of VPS provider you could get, that kind of quality is horrible.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited August 2017

How do you even necro these retardedly old threads for random shitty answers?

I mean, are you just trolling through let on page 2000+ looking for somewhere to post?

• @MagicalTrain said:

I mean, are you just trolling through let on page 2000+ looking for somewhere to post?

Pardon me? What's wrong with you, why the hostile comment?

Thanked by 1alown
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@MagicalTrain said:

Do you really think, that if the issue persists since 2 YEARS (!) it's useful to post a solution at this time? Don't you think it's already solved or the user has choosen another provider?

• @drivex said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@MagicalTrain said:

Do you really think, that if the issue persists since 2 YEARS (!) it's useful to post a solution at this time? Don't you think it's already solved or the user has choosen another provider?

I didn't necro'ed this thread as the last reply was just yesterday, plus I was replying to the user from yesterday. Explain to me how I was referring to the OP, as it is FUCKING clear I was talking to @cake.

• Well, he didn't asked for an solution - he knows that there is something wrong. But nevermind, it's not my business.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

drivex said: Well, he didn't asked for an solution - he knows that there is something wrong. But nevermind, it's not my business.

Don't blag it mate, you didn't read the thread properly and mugged yourself off by being chippy with the wrong person.

• @Nekki said:

drivex said: Well, he didn't asked for an solution - he knows that there is something wrong. But nevermind, it's not my business.

Don't blag it mate, you didn't read the thread properly and mugged yourself off by being chippy with the wrong person.

Nekki is here!

• @drivex said:
    Well, he didn't asked for an solution - he knows that there is something wrong. But nevermind, it's not my business.

Look bro, I'm sorry if I came at you sideways, I guess I need to look up and the thread before replying with my trigger fingers.

• @pbgben said:

How about one of these :)

Yeah if I were to ever colocate these I'd do it in something like that where I have tons of them in a rack.

I guess IMPI/KVM access could be provided via a KVM switch if someone really wanted that

• Unfortunately cannot find any free or 'cheap' colo anymore :(

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

@blackjack4494 said:
    Unfortunately cannot find any free or 'cheap' colo anymore :(

Micron21 has it, and they are fine people from what I hear. They do have some specific requirements and are based in Australia, but they have these beauties:

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @blackjack4494 said:
    Unfortunately cannot find any free or 'cheap' colo anymore :(

I still do this. If asked

• This one is not free but really cheap
    https://www.easyserver.at/serverhousing

• This one is the same price level as easyserver. So not really free but dam cheap:
    https://shop.finaltek.com

If you would like to tip me a little bit for my help please use the refferal link down here:
    https://shop.finaltek.com/aff.php?aff=15