Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to Purchase Hard Drives from
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to Purchase Hard Drives from

Hi everyone.

After a giant problem with Newegg (Mainly their RMA Team) and the Untimely Death of one of my Hard Drives , i'm on the hunt for some decent, but cheap(ish) Hard drives that i can chuck into my Kansas City Node.

Need at LEAST 2x1TB SATA2 and no other problems with them. But preferably 2x2TB or more drives depending on the price.

I know 99% of people will use this very line "go Amazon or Newegg", the answer is Yes, i'm looking but i would also like to know what is available on here, if anybody knows of any around the place.

Regards,

Ryan

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

For RMA purposes, I would choose a local retailer. We have a place called PBTech in NZ that allow "customers on account" to swap dead for new without waiting days for the drive to come back.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i actually get my HDD's from ebay usually lol. some of the big sellers have special offers (for example PC world had £20 off just because of a broken box)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited January 2015

All done now :) Thanks guys, went with a Hitachi drive actually (Something different)

They will hopefully arrive soon, now to be a pain in the ass and create another post

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i actually get my HDD's from ebay usually lol. some of the big sellers have special offers (for example PC world had £20 off just because of a broken box)

Do you collect them in person or do you let mail take care of it? I've thought about buying from ebay, but the shipping might just kill it.

• Makenai said: Do you collect them in person or do you let mail take care of it?

usually via courier or post. most of the time it's free sometimes its £5. but still alot cheaper than going to the likes of pc world.

PC World in store £80-100
    PC World On Ebay £60-70

• @TarZZ92 said:

Maplins mate

• I use Scan for ease as I am in the UK, would use NewEgg abroad and a few others.

NewEgg RMA team should be able to issue advanced RMA's.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited January 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Maplins mate

maplin is a huge ripoff. they still charge like £15 for HDMI lol.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?text=internal+hard+drive&x=0&y=0

• Makenai said: I've thought about buying from ebay, but the shipping might just kill it.

Shipping in the same country should be absolutely no issue as long as it's in the original box, labeled as fragile and insured if you are sending it on to somewhere.

If you are sending it onto somewhere, don't plan for your data to arrive at the other end and take local backups!