Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trac - Multiple repositories but tickets cannot be assigned to a specific repository
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Trac - Multiple repositories but tickets cannot be assigned to a specific repository

komokomo Member
edited October 2011 in General

I decided to upgrade my trac to installation to finally be able to have multiple repositories. Support for multiple repositories is working (with three dummy git repositories) but there is one big problem for me and I was not able to find anything about it.

Tickets cannot be assigned to a single repository (project). That means that tickets for all projects are together in one pack. Am I correct or did I maybe miss something there?

Comments

• komokomo Member
    edited October 2011

just as an update if someone is interested. trac 0.12 supports multiple repositories but not multiple projects. I assumed that support for multiple repos came together with support for multiple projects.

i will continue using trac old way. one process = one project. I usually do not need multiple repos for one project but it does not hurt to have support for that. in the meantime I will check indefero, (http://projects.ceondo.com/p/indefero/) it sounds pretty powerful (support for svn, git, mercurial, monotone...) but installation is a real pita.

• I'm using indefero since a year or so. I recommend it. It's great. For installation I've started writing some shell install script for it. It is in unfinished state currently but I'm planning to release it (hopefully in few weeks).

• I don't know why is everyone staying away from Redmine?

Yes, it uses a bit more RAM, but it's nothing terrible.

• I was never able to bring myself to try redmine. No special reason, probably just prejudices against ruby ;-). I am using trac for years and I never needed something better. And I still don't but ... I have no other problems so why not break a running system ;-)

• komo said: I was never able to bring myself to try redmine. No special reason, probably just prejudices against ruby ;-). I am using trac for years and I never needed something better. And I still don't but ... I have no other problems so why not break a running system ;-)

I am a redmine user, and I like it. Isn't a pretty interface, but is functional :P

• multiple projects

Then how do all these other online places do it? I can't see them setting up the script for each and every client. Too much of a pain to upgrade.

• depends on page. many probably have their own solutions.

but I tried redmine today and I love it ;-). indefero is ok, but I like redmine's organization and look. and it has android app.