Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody have or know about HDD docking station (4xHDD) with USB 3.0 and high transfer speed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody have or know about HDD docking station (4xHDD) with USB 3.0 and high transfer speed?

I have got two different types now from DealExtreme, and they do not deliver more then 150 MB/s on SSD disk rated for 500 MB/s. I have some "old" 2 x HDD docking stations, and they give me 250 MB/s on the same SSD with USB 3.0

But I want/need a 4xHDD that can give me 250 MB/s or more, maybe up to 500 MB/s?

The USB 3.0 standard should do it?

This is the latest docking i got from DX, pricy, and not happy with it,

Comments

• Do you have to buy from DX? You can get better ones over on Amazon or eBay, maybe even AliExpress?

Thanked by 1Gadelhas
  • Don't need to buy from DX, but they have free shipping. And the import limit before we have to pay VAT and custom fee on the product here in Norway is just 350 NOK including shipping. DX is often "nice" with the value on the shipping manifest, so there is no import charges.

But do you have any brand or model on one of the other sites I can check out. Here i Norway 4x stations is almost impossible to get, and I don't know if they are any better then what I get on DX.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

I'm very happy with my Cavalry dual bay device purchased from Amazon. I've benchmarked it with SSD and HDD and got what I expected. It isn't four bays though, so I guess that recommendation isn't really helpful. But the device is built much better than the popular Startech units. Startech drive docks are total plastic junk.

• @myhken said:
    Don't need to buy from DX, but they have free shipping. And the import limit before we have to pay VAT and custom fee on the product here in Norway is just 350 NOK including shipping. DX is often "nice" with the value on the shipping manifest, so there is no import charges.

But do you have any brand or model on one of the other sites I can check out. Here i Norway 4x stations is almost impossible to get, and I don't know if they are any better then what I get on DX.

Isn't this more like a NAS than anything else when you have 4 bays? :)

Thanked by 1wych
  • 0xdragon said: Isn't this more like a NAS than anything else when you have 4 bays? :)

Yes, but without paying for the NAS. Don't need the hardware and a NAS box. And I don't think a NAS box can give me 250 - 500 MB/s in read/write speed either?
    If it can, I'm sure it will cost a fortune.

• @shell nice boxes, but nothing on their info about actually transfer speeds. They, as all other, are using the max speed of the USB 3.0 standard or eSata standard.
    But what is the reel life speed you can get out of them? (I know you don't have tested them).

• @myhken said:
    shell nice boxes, but nothing on their info about actually transfer speeds. They, as all other, are using the max speed of the USB 3.0 standard or eSata standard.
    But what is the reel life speed you can get out of them? (I know you don't have tested them).

http://bit.ly/1xT8gDV

Thanked by 1myhken
  • i used a model very similiar to this in the past http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009DH5Q2S/ref=pe_208621_35691831_email_1p_0_ti and it was able to max out speeds

Thanked by 1myhken