Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS in budget - standard quality streaming for around 5 friends - maximum 3 months
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS in budget - standard quality streaming for around 5 friends - maximum 3 months

immyimmy Member
edited January 2015 in Help

Hey pals and providers,
I need a really budget windows vps which i will use for next 2 months and max 3 months. I need to stream a few local matches at standard quality for 4-5 friends. It is just for personal use. It would be ideal if the location is europe as a one friend lives in US, a couple lives in UK and one lives in Philippines and one lives in UAE. A couple of friends might connect rarely from india but they will connect when US friend is offline so i am looking at maximum 5 connections at a time.
Please suggest that if I change location to US will it give me a better spec VPS but would it effect the streaming or not? I am talking with reference to friends in UAE/india and philippines who will reach the server 100-175 ms late if I go for US based vps.
I think a 1GB vps will be enough or max 2GB with a 100mbps connection but please give your suggestion.
I welcome suggestions for specs and vps offers (less known or private providers will be requested for a 2-3 day demo)

--> Budget around $7/month (will only move higher if it is really worth it)

Thanks

Comments

• Winity.io?

• immyimmy Member
    edited January 2015

@TriDoxiuM yes I do have winity in mind but its around $10 for 1gb even with a 20% discount at the moment. I still have around 5 days to plan and wait so I am looking that if I go around $10 maybe some provider can offer 2gigs of Ram and maybe a better cpu share. Also I need suggestions about specs and location also.

• Ehhh RunAbove maybe? £2.50 for a month 2gigs iirc

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

You can find VM with higher specs for cheaper price, but it won't include Windows license like winity. Pretty sure they're the cheapest there is, and despite that they are still reliable and good performance.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2015

I can give you one for your budget I just recently finally got my /28 subnet so now I can enter the vps hosting market and would be glad to give you a 2-3 day demo.
    please contact me via sales ticket at http://blesta.keyedinsoftware.us and I will spin one up for you plus if you can wait for a minute I will create a custom plan for you in my blesta panel for you only(custom made for you) and will post the order link here. and you can have the demo vps instantly forgive me for not having my dns updated let me go fix that now.

• @timnboys said:
    I can give you one for your budget I just recently finally got my /28 subnet so now I can enter the vps hosting market and would be glad to give you a 2-3 day demo.
    please contact me via sales ticket at http://blesta.keyedinsoftware.us and I will spin one up for you plus if you can wait for a minute I will create a custom plan for you in my blesta panel for you only(custom made for you) and will post the order link here. and you can have the demo vps instantly forgive me for not having my dns updated let me go fix that now.

Site is down lmao

• @TriDoxiuM yes it is down because of my stupid dns servers that I am now having to rebuilt at namecheap and use their nameservers for right now.

• Not going to happen. Cheapest MS license is 3.5$/Month alone and HyperV providers do not sell under 10$.

Winity.io is your ONLY choice.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @William said:
    Not going to happen. Cheapest MS license is 3.5$/Month alone and HyperV providers do not sell under 10$.

Winity.io is your ONLY choice.

@immy will not need a MS key as the trial is valid for half a year, and their usage is 3 months.

• @TriDoxiuM said:
    Site is down lmao

Yes it is. But I would like a few details that I have also PMed you. You can send personal details in PM and provide details related to your service here. It is fine if you want to give a custom plan we can also discuss the price in private but let me know the details.

@William yes i do understand the winity is pretty good deal including windows but if specs are really good I can use my own license of windows I have got 2003r2 , 2008 and win7 single copies each which i wanted to use in my center but i can use one of these here and once done I can shift them to my center. But as said above I already have eye on winity if nothing substantial comes I will go for that.

• @0xdragon said:
    immy will not need a MS key as the trial is valid for half a year, and their usage is 3 months.
    @0xdragon said:
    immy will not need a MS key as the trial is valid for half a year, and their usage is 3 months.

Yes and thats a point also, I only need it for maximum 3 months so I can use any trial :)

• Vultr with custom ISO or Runabove

• @hostnoob thanks for the suggestion, I am already setup using Runabove and I have listed winity and vultr.

Tbh the reason for posting at LET is to get a much better spec (resources) matrix. Also as I will be using for 3 months I can use trial MS key and I have my own license as well. So I am looking for better RAM/CPU share including location options.

• @immy said:
    hostnoob thanks for the suggestion, I am already setup using Runabove and I have listed winity and vultr.

Tbh the reason for posting at LET is to get a much better spec (resources) matrix. Also as I will be using for 3 months I can use trial MS key and I have my own license as well. So I am looking for better RAM/CPU share including location options.

I wouldn't exactly use vultr after the owner's little act

• immyimmy Member
    edited January 2015

@TriDoxiuM said:
    I wouldn't exactly use vultr after the owner's little act

Suggestion noted
    Thanks

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@immy said:
    Thanks

Winity should be your best bet! IMO. They are Hyper-V.

Runabove, hmm.......get a coupon code.

Just curious, what version of Windows OS will you plan to use?

• IMHO an underrated provider, what about Corgitech? @Kakashi

Thanked by 1Kakashi
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2015

@yomero said:
    IMHO an underrated provider, what about Corgitech? Kakashi

I've used CorgiTech good quality servers.

Thanked by 1Kakashi
  • @immy I have responded to your pm sorry for taking so long trying to figure out why novnc and other things aren't working right now(or should I say not having the right ip.)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

For $15 a month I can offer you (ESXi - 2GB RAM | UnixBench: 1815 | 100Mbit Connection | 10TB Bandwidth) This includes vat and Server2012 ($5 discount if you pay for 3 months)

We can also provide a demo, as requested just open a ticket.

• well right now I can offer you @immy a vm with 1024mb of ram or your choice of 2048mb of ram and 1 dedicated ipv4 1gbit/s backbone connection no limits on connection speed. you choose disk space and also bandwidth would be 500gb or 250gb or 100gb your choice. $7/month(have to keep in line with the let rules regarding new providers).

• @timnboys said:
    well right now I can offer you immy a vm with 1024mb of ram or your choice of 2048mb of ram and 1 dedicated ipv4 1gbit/s backbone connection no limits on connection speed. you choose disk space and also bandwidth would be 500gb or 250gb or 100gb your choice. $7/month(have to keep in line with the let rules regarding new providers).

Can we choose 1024mb or 2048mb ram for the same price? Same as the bandwidth..

(facepalm)

• If you need this VPS only for short period of time RunAbove is your best shot. I made a ping test to check if it meets your criteria - https://mediacru.sh/w2Iby7plc32t. VPS was located in SBG-1 DC. Signing up with a reflink (check my sig) can get you 4 month of service for free.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2015

@Falco33 said:
    Can we choose 1024mb or 2048mb ram for the same price? Same as the bandwidth..

(facepalm)

No you cannot choose them for the same price
    also my blesta billing panel is fixed so is novnc and dns now.

• @winnervps Well already have noted winity. I can use any os ranging from 2003, win 7, 2008 and 2012.
    @yomero Yes corgi is a good suggestion, i will just check their rates, thanks
    @IThinkUFailed Thanks for the feedback
    @timnboys Thanks for the response, I will get back to you. I have noted your offer.
    @pbgben Thanks for the offer. I will note it and get back to you, will drop you a PM.
    @Maniac Yes I already have a setup with runabove. But they tend to just close your service without any reason during awarded credit. But I am giving them a go still.