Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UltraVPS - 50% off coupon inside! 512MB KVM SSD VPS only $2/m! DDoS Protection!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UltraVPS - 50% off coupon inside! 512MB KVM SSD VPS only $2/m! DDoS Protection!

Rob_TRob_T Member, Host Rep

UltraVPS has been providing high-quality VPS hosting services since 2008! Don't settle for less - buy from the best! This month only, get 50% off ANY of our KVM VPS plans! Use Promo code JAN15LEB50 at checkout!

KVM SSD Node Specs:
Xeon E5-1660v3 CPU (8 x 3Ghz Cores + HT)
DDR4-2133 ECC Reg Memory
SSD RAID-10 Storage
1Gbps Uplink

Click Here to view all of our SSD VPS plans!

VPS-0.5

1 CPU Core
512MB DDR4 RAM
10GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
1000GB Bandwidth
100Mbps Network Port
2 IP Addresses
$4/m - 50% off = $2 per month! (paid quarterly) Use promo code JAN15LEB50
Order Now!

VPS-1

2 CPU Cores
1GB DDR4 RAM
20GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
2000GB Bandwidth
100Mbps Network Port
2 IP Addresses
$7/m - 50% off = $3.50 per month! Use promo code JAN15LEB50
Order Now!

VPS-2

2 CPU Cores
2GB DDR4 RAM
40GB RAID-10 SSD Storage
4000GB Bandwidth
100Mbps Network Port
2 IP Addresses
$14/m - 50% off = $7 per month! Use promo code JAN15LEB50
Order Now!

LARGER PLANS ALSO AVAILABLE - VISIT HTTP://WWW.ULTRAVPS.COM FOR DETAILS!

Add a 10Gbps / 2Mpps DDoS Protected IP to any VPS for only $3/mo!

FAQ:

Q: Who are you guys? How long have you been around?
A: UltraVPS is a division of Versaweb - the guys who sell awesome, cheap dedicated servers. We've been providing VPS hosting services since 2008.

Q: What locations are available?
A: All plans are currently available in our Las Vegas, NV (Fiberhub) and Seattle, WA (Westin) datacenters.

Q: Is there any kind of guarantee?
A: Buy it and try it for 10 days. if it sucks, we'll give you your money back (as long as you didn't do anything stupid, like SPAM).

Q: How fast will you have my VPS online?
A: We manually review orders from new customers to keep fraud to a minimum, which allows us to keep our pricing low. Usually we'll have you up within just a couple of hours.

Q: Are these managed or unmanaged plans?
A: These VPS plans are unmanaged. We'll try and help out where we can via our ticket system, but at the end of the day It's all you.

Q: Do these Promo VPS plans include backups?
A: No, backups are not included, but will be available as an add-on soon.

Q: Do you offer Windows on these VPS plans?
A: Nope - these plans are Linux only. Windows will be available on our standard VPS plans which will be available in a few weeks.

Q: Do you have a test IP?
A: Sure!

Las Vegas - 199.47.210.50
Seattle - 76.164.234.1

Q: Who are your network providers?
A: NTT, Hibernia, HE.net, TW Telecom, and dozens of private peering arrangements. Check it out - AS53340

Q: Can I get IPv6?
A: Not yet, but soon. We promise. Our network is 100% v6 ready, but we're still testing out some of the new v6 features in SolusVM. Once we're happy, we'll roll it out at no added cost.

Q: How does your DDoS protection work?
A: Our system automatically detects incoming attacks and null routes the targeted IP, thereby minimizing collateral damage and keeping you online even if you have virtual neighbors who aren't so nice. We offer enterprise-grade DDoS MITIGATION too - contact our Sales dept. if you are interested.

Q: How can I use my VPS? Any restrictions?
A: No TOR, no torrents, nothing illegal, no SPAM, no DDoS attacks, etc. Basically, don't do anything stupid, and we'll all get along just fine.

Thanks for reading, and have a good day!

Comments

• interested, do u allow hitleap on your vps ? also do u have skype ?

• FYI - TOS link in the shopping cart is 404 - http://www.ultravps.com/tos.php

• Rob_TRob_T Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

@NodePing said:
    FYI - TOS link in the shopping cart is 404 - http://www.ultravps.com/tos.php

Sorry about that! Brand new site design. I'll get our ToS page uploaded shortly.

@iSky said:
    interested, do u allow hitleap on your vps ? also do u have skype ?

Sorry, no skype. So long as it doesn't cause resource abuse issues, I can't imagine we'd have a problem with traffic generators like hitleap.

• @iSky said:
    interested, do u allow hitleap on your vps ? also do u have skype ?

I am pretty sure this will cause high CPU utilization :-)

• I paid it , but found rebuild could not use , and mount ISO shows "No access to that action" , How could I use the VPS ?

If you are experiencing any issues please open a ticket for our support dept.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2015

@wilywx - don't try to install from the client panel, go to solusVM and install there.
    In your client panel go to the service you want then click the "control panel" button near the top of the page. That will take you to the SolusVM logon. You can also set pointer records in solusVM.

I highly recommends this provider

I have been using UltraVPS in Las Vegas since they promo'ed their KVM product in August. IMO they are, by far, the best US west coast KVM provider I have found at LEB prices. Always up, great network, extremely fast VPS. I have had no tickets at all, so I can't tell you about service response times. But I can tell you I spend zero time dealing with stupid bs from this provider, and everything just works well.

The promo I have has 1 core less then todays 1GB offer

@Rob_T - I don't know what you said to those SSD drives but it worked :p

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the compliments @FrankZ!

We're actually fine tuning some of our node hardware configs and plans now. The nodes we were using for those promo offers 6 months ago were E3 CPU's with no RAID, our new boxes have E5-1600v3 CPU's and RAID-10, although we're still tweaking the RAID's - they are giving us awesome numbers for FIO and other IOPS tests (which are more important to real-world performance). DD results still aren't quite where we want them, but we'll get there!

I was running some benchmarks earlier today, and our VPS-2 plan was turning in Unix Bench scores around 3000 - that's faster than a lot of dedicated servers.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2015

Hi @Rob_T - As the node specs have taken a step up from the promo I bought, I have removed the benchmarks from my post above. Your new promo was right on time, as I need another one.

Thank you for the great service

edited January 2015

@FrankZ FYI, we're probably going to be swapping out some RAID controllers on these new nodes in the next few days to fix some write performance concerns we have. Like I mentioned, they are nice and fast for FIO benchmarks and IOPS performance, but seem to bog down in sequential writes (i.e. DD), so we're upgrading them to a better controller (LSI 9361-8i) to see if it helps. The CPU/RAM in these boxes is screaming fast though.

Feel free to order, just expect DD benchmarks to improve A LOT in a few days once we get that straight.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Looks promising, especially KVM at this price tag. I will get one for testing.

• I order now. Plz~ active vps
    Thx

• @Rob_T do you get my PM ? please reply

edited January 2015

For anyone waiting to order until after our planned RAID upgrades, the results thus far are looking pretty promising. This was taken on a VPS-1 after our first node was upgraded:

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=1M count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.72658 s, 1.5 GB/s

We'll have all Las Vegas nodes upgraded by the end of this week, and Seattle will be complete by the end of the month.

Enjoy!

• edited January 2015

@Rob_T How long does provisioning usually take?

• Yes it is really fast
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/01/23/3YKXWlqaKZZqil2N

Please excuse the typo.

Thanked by 1vimalware