Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS capable of hosting a few TF2 servers in europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS capable of hosting a few TF2 servers in europe?

I'm working on a project that requires that I host a few (3-4ish) TF2 servers on a VM somewhere in central europe.

I can't give complete specs for this, but 4GB RAM or more would be helpful, not sure about CPU usage.

Comments

• @itgods has some insight into EU gameservers IIRC.

• @wych said:
    itgods has some insight into EU gameservers IIRC.

Preferably not -just- gameservers, I have some scripts I need to run with them.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Preferably not -just- gameservers, I have some scripts I need to run with them.

Not gameservers as in only games, he has a few VPS that run gameservers amongst other things.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • 1CPU Core - E3-1245v2

2GB RAM

100GB HDD

1IPv4 - 1 IPv6

KVM

Roubaix, France

DDoS Protection

$10/pm

PM for more info or to order

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2015

It all depends on how many players are going to be active. If all three/four servers are full and have 32 slots each you would be better off with a dedicated server with a good CPU.

If you want steady FPS and ticrate look for a dedicated server with Intel i7 4770 or something in that CPU range, with at least 8 GB of RAM. Also if you still want a VPS try to avoid OpenVZ, and go for KVM or Xen.

The above only applies if you want your game servers to run smooth without lag. If you don't care about the lag you can put them on 4GB of RAM VPS with 2 cpu cores. Ticrate, and FPS will vary at times a lot.

Best Regards!

• @wych said:

Guess you're talking about playerz.eu :p

• @itgods said:

A yesssssss...

• Hehe. Yes, we have two TF2 servers with Castlegem and InceptionHosting. Both providers are great.

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • I was contemplating kimsufi - would that work?

• Still haven't found a server yet.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    I was contemplating kimsufi - would that work?

Which one?

• NFOservers - Frankfurt, DE

• If you want something in Germany, I suggest you Colorhost.

• budget? I'm sure the KS-4 would do, or even the KS-3

• @wych probably KS-3 or KS-4 - trying to go as cheap as possible. Do people from the US have to pay VAT?

• RizRiz Member

@Void_Whisperer said:
    wych probably KS-3 or KS-4 - trying to go as cheap as possible. Do people from the US have to pay VAT?

No, they will remove the VAT.