Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Server/VPS with routed /48 IPv6 in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Server/VPS with routed /48 IPv6 in EU

Hello,

I am looking for a Server/VPS in EU.

Important is that is has IPv6 connectivity and that it has at least one full /64 IPv6 subnet routed to it, better a /48 IPv6 subnet.

Most servers I have found so far only got single IPv6 addresses assigned by SolusVM.

Should have 1 dedicated IPv4, at least 256MB Ram and SIT interface.

Price max $15 per Year.

Kind regards

Michael

Comments

• We can, on dedicated servers. There is nothing for $15/year though.

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited January 2015

I got 10 IPv6 addresses for MyCustomHosting KVM VPS, but it's not for $15 per year. Don't know about others.

• foettifoetti Member
    edited January 2015

comXyz said: I got 10 IPv6 addresses for MyCustomHosting KVM VPS

I do have a KVM VPS with them as well ($18 Year) but it's only single IPv6 addresses and not a routed subnet.

And it's not EU.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

comXyz said: I got 10 IPv6 addresses for MyCustomHosting KVM VPS, but it's not for $15 per year.

So you fit neither the IP criteria, nor the price range. WTF do you even still need to post?

• BuyVM offer a /64 with their plans. OpenVZ plans start at $15/yr.

• @rm_ said:

OP said "Most servers I have found so far only got single IPv6 addresses assigned by SolusVM."

So I just simply replied him. Why you need to be so rude?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    BuyVM offer a /64 with their plans. OpenVZ plans start at $15/yr.

Not routed, AFAIK. Maybe on KVM?

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2015

Nyr said: Not routed, AFAIK. Maybe on KVM?

Well, you can assign as many addresses from that /64 pool to the container. Not sure if that'll work for the OP.

Vultr offer /64 assignments per VM, but this may be out of your price range.

• foettifoetti Member
    edited January 2015

Nyr said: Not routed, AFAIK. Maybe on KVM?

Most KVM is SolusVM managed and has no routed IPv6 subnet.

But I send a ticket to BuyVM to make sure.

• kcaj said: Well, you can assign as many addresses from that /64 pool to the container.

As I said, I need a fully routed /48 subnet or at least a /64 subnet. No single IPs!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nyr said:

Not yet on both. It's on the TODO list, but I'd have to get some additional hardware in place to support it.

Francisco

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    It's on the TODO list

That's actually a nice surprise, specially with OVZ.

• Francisco said: It's on the TODO list

Hopefully for EU as well? Currently I see only offers from Vegas and New Jersey on BuyVM.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited January 2015

Searched for that a while ago: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/36967/leb-with-fully-routed-ipv6-64-or-better

But due to lack of time I have not pursued the topic.

@Nyr said:
    That's actually a nice surprise, specially with OVZ.

With the new floating IP code it's not a big deal. Users would have to manually configure their V6, but that makes sense since OVZ won't work with static routes any other way.

@foetti said:

Luxembourg has all the features the rest of our locations has. For things like this, it'd be a global roll out :)

Francisco

• Francisco said: Users would have to manually configure their V6

So it's not a fully routed subnet. You get a subnet assigned and you have to assign single IPs from your subnet to your vps by using Stallion?

edited January 2015

foetti said: So it's not a fully routed subnet. You get a subnet assigned and you have to assign single IPs from your subnet to your vps by using Stallion?

Right now yes. You get a /64 per VPS and you pick what IP's are allocated out of it.

The idea of the 'routed' setup would be you'd get a random IP not in your /64 that would be your end point with us, and then we'd static route a /64 to you.

To deal with RDNS we'd just delegate the entire /64 to your nameservers of choice via stallion as well.

Francisco

• Francisco said: The idea of the 'routed' setup would be you'd get a random IP not in your /64 that would be your end point with us, and then we'd static route a /64 to you.

That sounds pretty good. Any estimation when this will be available?

@foetti said:

Couple months maybe? If it's something you're really after I could probably arrange it for you if you ticket, but we'd likely ask you to signup on a yearly plan just to make up for my time.

I got some other pressing matters to attend to, namely our websites need to be published before the next Christmas :P

Francisco

• Francisco said: If it's something you're really after I could probably arrange it for you if you ticket

I would definitely go for it.

Just a few more questions:

Is IPv6 geo located in EU?

Is SIT available on OpenVZ and KVM?

Would LU BuyVM-128MB Yearly be sufficient to request this?

Kind regards

Michael

@foetti said:

• SIT is available on both platforms
    • V6 is GEO'd to the US. Is there any accurate GEODB's for IPV6?
    • Ehhh... I'd prefer something bigger but I can probably do it on a 128MB.

Francisco

• Francisco said: V6 is GEO'd to the US. Is there any accurate GEODB's for IPV6?

That breaks it. I can get GEO'd to the US from he.net for free. That's why I am looking for European IPv6.

Most services go by the organisation entry of the whois entry for the network.