Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you guys manage your daily To Do lists and calendar events? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you guys manage your daily To Do lists and calendar events?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2015

Google Calendar app, and Gtasks App. Both have local offline capability, as well as sync to Google for viewing anywhere else.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dayup.gtask&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar&hl=en

• For birthdays and stuff, I've got a crontab.

For todo lists, I have a notebook on my desk that I use to take notes. I use it to supplement my own head.

• My memory. Granted, that's mostly because I don't have that hectic of a day. Otherwise I leave it as an unread email to myself, lol.

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

Using Google calendar on my android phone for awhile now and it works great !

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I don't know if you noticed but if you see Calender in your Android phone, it has bulk of features to do all such things.. nothing new to install.

• I use my work calendar in outlook, syncs to my phone, beats everything / anything else.

• Trello app, Google Calendar or if you use iPhone, iCloud calendar :)

• emgemg Veteran

I used an expensive, well-reviewed product for ToDo list and project management, which did a great job synchronizing between my Mac and iPhone on the home LAN.

With version 2.0, they eliminated local sync and have only "Cloud" sync using their servers. They advertise how secure it is using the latest SSL encryption. What they don't say is that the encryption applies only to the Internet connection between your computer/phone and their server. The plaintext pops out on the other end (in a foreign country, no less) to be stored on their server. There is no way I would use a system like that, especially with sensitive personal and customer project details in my ToDo lists. I brought it up several times, but ensuring that customers' private ToDo lists stay private isn't on their radar at all. This is true despite the Snowden revelations and the moves by Apple and Google to do just that.

I am so pissed off about it that I will name them: The product is Things, made by CulturedCode, and their servers are in Germany. I wonder how many of people in the US government, defense industry, healthcare, and others use Things to manage their ToDo and small projects? Wouldn't Angela Merkel like to see their ToDo lists in return for the NSA spying on her cell phone? Go for it!!

• Google Calendar and for quick notes InkPad.

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

google calender or sticky notes on my system.

• I just use bug tracker for notes so I can set % done and if it solved etc.
    So when I log in to PC all I do is check the list to do and locked my bug tracker so only I can see it and my staff.

Much easy then playing with calendars because it won't let you do that much

• To do app on the iPhone, syncs with my iPad and Mac. Though I do sometimes make a note of something on paper and attach it to my pin board. Having an app to remember things is great, but if you don't open it it'll only remind of tasks when they're due.

• btw, try to look here: http://todotxt.com/

This is most simple and well organized Todo list (in mine opinion) for many different platforms.

• I use wulderlist

• Zoho calendar with my android phone and for quick notes crocodilenote.

• Notepad2.exe

• smansman Member
    edited January 2015

Google Calendar works well. I usually have it send me email and SMS reminders.

Never got the desktop notifications software to work reliably on Winbloz but I blame M$ for that.

• iCloud calendar and Google Inbox for todo list.

• I liked Podio :)