Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What services are you running @home
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What services are you running @home

infectedinfected Member
edited January 2015 in General

Hey guys,

What services are you running on your home servers? Mine is a Celeron with 8GB Ram running following things:

rtorrent ,ftp server, pms-linux (PS3 media server), apache/mysql etc installed, but not doing anything yet.

Or are you using a hypervisor?

cheers

Comments

• transmission, samba & btsync running of a raspberry pi.

• Three ESXi hypervisors in vcenter. Most of it is testing and services for myself but there are a few public things being served behind reverse proxies.

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR
    edited January 2015

Backup and file storage on a SuperMicro Atom D525, Hardware RAID (2x 1TB, 2x 640GB) and 4GB of RAM

• Only thing I've got running at home is a Raspberry Pi that runs SSH, SNMP, and Apache. Apache is only for toying about though, I soon plan to attach a HDD and install an FTP server for backup use.

• email

• i rather not broadcast my residential public ip adress all over the WWW with various protocols for obvious reasons so im only running local services. my machines at home communicate through bluetooth and a network switch disconnected from the router.

Services:

1. Tversity (network switch, main PC connected to xbox360)

2. Jamcast (network switch, main PC connected to xbox360)

3. Daily music & radio streaming from my win8 tablet or phone to my bluetooth stereo system

4. anything else is remote (netflix, backup, torrent, spotify, webserver, email, etc.)

• HP N40L 4GB RAM

Transmission, sickrage (fork of sickbeard), samba, nginx, mysql, php-fpm, Plex and occasionally launching a vm using KVM

• Raspberry pi running a vpn, samba, httpd, maybe email in the future. My odroid c1 just arrived, so once I've got a cable for it that will replace my pi

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • I have a DL380G5 with ESXi for development & testing

• Some old phones and tablets for backup purpose for some VPSs :). (Solar power ftw)

• Cubieboard2 with SNMPd Observium. Also I use it sometimes like an IP cam, attached a web cam via USB, and stream it on local network.

• btsync and tvsersity

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Tor, freenet, free WISP, virtualmin server for my neighbor (he uses own connection to serve that), as services for outside world, inside I run a couple of samba servers, one for backup, one for actual streaming, i have an internet radio receiver and streamer to BT devices, one for TV as well as one RDP server to control everything from outside when needed.
    These use a via c7 and 1 GB RAM low power thin client and an E-350 low power computer. No fans, power sources fanless and only the big USB drive can be heard when powering up or down.

Thanked by 2essebe taronyu
  • I'm running localhost ;)

• sc754 said: Raspberry pi running a vpn

What VPN are you running on your Raspberry pi?

• hentai@home

Thanked by 2Maounique Mark_R
  • Ruriko said: hentai@home

WTF?

• @Nekki said:

Whatever works I guess :)

• rtorrent, irssi, some web stuff, openvpn and backups.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

Raspberry PI running VOIP server, a MK802 II running a small webserver, desktop tower running Plex media server and another computer/server with OpenVZ installed powered off for time being.

• Purely for personal use, a MythTV server with 2 x DVB-T & 1 x DVB-S tuners. Runs 24/7 recording everything I want to watch so I can watch it when I want. Can view recorded/live TV on any device (PC, laptop, tablet or even phone). Server also runs Bind caching DNS and Squid (used mainly for caching OS updates).