Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed VPS - for a busy website?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed VPS - for a busy website?

Hey all.

I currently pay $20/mo for a shared hosting. The speed and the support is good (SSD and litespeed) But I was wondering whether there is a service somewhere with managed VPS and SSD and litespeed.

My shared hosting is quite good, but the space is 10GB only and it's very expensive to upgrade.

So any managed VPS can handle a busy wordpress website?

Comments

• How much Disk space are you looking for?
    Did you try to negotiate with your provider for extra disk for an affordable price? They will probably do if you tell them you are going to move.

• You won't get LiteSpeed on the VPS with your $20.00/mo budget... It's not feasible due to their licensing.

Do you have any caching or do you use a CDN at all? Also $20/mo for 10 GB Shared Hosting is overkill... We charge $4.00 for 15 GB and LiteSpeed is included (But the storage is a mix of SSD and HDD, not pure SSD)...

• for a busy website, maybe nginx is better than apache and easier to config.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2015

Hello,

I can offer you an SSD vps or our cloud product.

SSD Phoenix
    2vCPU cores
    5GB SSD + 5GB FREE = 10GB
    1GB RAM
    1000GB Bandwidth on 1gb/s
    FREE 50GB Offsite FTP Account
    $4.99/month only!

Cloud Bundle - KVM
    2 Concurrent VM instances
    1024MB Guaranteed RAM
    50GB HDD RAID10
    1000GB Bandwidth 1gigE Port
    2 IPv4
    1 Internal IP per VM
    Deploy at your own will/pace in either Phoenix, AZ (USA) or Frankfurt, DE (EU)
    FREE Shared hosting account (cPanel with 10GB HDD and 1TB BW, unlimited features)
    $5.99/month only!
    or
    $48/yearly only!

Any questions, please let me know :-)

Litespeed will incur its own charges, and management will incur its own charges too.