Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zimbra on Dedibox kidéchire
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zimbra on Dedibox kidéchire

I picked up four of the Dedibox kidéchire when they were first release and am now looking to install Zimbra. When I install all components on one server, as expected, it runs exceptionally slowly. However would it be possible to improve performance by splitting the components across multiple servers? If so, how would I divide the components?

Comments

• Try instaling CoreOs + Docker is your best bet and make a cluster for tutorial look at DigitalOcean community and put your data correspondly.

Thanked by 1mcharga3000
  • @tsanten said:
    Try instaling CoreOs + Docker is your best bet and make a cluster for tutorial look at DigitalOcean community and put your data correspondly.

I was more meaning along the lines of this article

• For single server installations, a minimum of 8GB of RAM is required.

• They say 8GB is required but I'm running the latest version comfortably in 4 with some swap and I think others are doing it in less with some tuning of the services.

My install is fully stock. Pretty low traffic though, only one email every few minutes.

$ free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 3953 3726 226 0 29 327
    -/+ buffers/cache: 3369 583
    Swap: 3833 1380 2452

A while ago I tested it on a 4GB Kimsufi. It worked okay but was definitely limited by the CPU (Atom N2800). Slow but usable

• @JahAGR said:
    They say 8GB is required but I'm running the latest version comfortably in 4 with some swap and I think others are doing it in less with some tuning of the services.

My install is fully stock. Pretty low traffic though, only one email every few minutes.

$ free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 3953 3726 226 0 29 327
    -/+ buffers/cache: 3369 583
    Swap: 3833 1380 2452

A while ago I tested it on a 4GB Kimsufi. It worked okay but was definitely limited by the CPU (Atom N2800). Slow but usable

+1

Ive found the CPU usage by zimbra to be over the roof, especially when accessing the web interface. I have applied the 'fixes' suggested by other sites with no avail.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

@tsanten does this works also with Debian? As i know Docker is available for it.

• Yes it must , coreos is a little more efficient on memory .

• You only need 8GB of RAM if many users will be accessing simultaneously, I have read of some smaller (5-10 user) installs on 1GB of RAM