Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seccert.io legit ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seccert.io legit ?

Comments

• @0xdragon said:
    No he did not, my two domains are still stuck.

Contact him then

• wych said: So a self proclaimed hacker is running a SSLCert site... seems legit.

Hacker used to be a term of the highest respect towards a developer, then the media made it a bad thing. Linux was created by some of the greatest hackers.

Thanked by 2alsemany Chuck
  • @Silvenga said:
    Hacker used to be a term of the highest respect towards a developer, then the media made it a bad thing. Linux was created by some of the greatest hackers.

Fair point.

• In case you run into ssllabs chain anchor issue - correct order is:

domain.crt COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt >> your bundle.crt

My fault was that I also added AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt at last into my cert chain, which is obsolete and resulted in ssllabs chain anchor issue...

Thanked by 3jar CharlesA TriDoxiuM
  • Thanks qm78. That solves one of my problems.

Has anyone had luck getting more than one cert from them? I haven't tried but $20 for a wildcard seems to be a pretty decent deal.

• @CharlesA said:
    Thanks qm78. That solves one of my problems.

Glad, I could help ;-)

• I think this company managed by this guy
    http://in.linkedin.com/pub/amit-jawandal/21/abb/2b7
    Kolhapur Area, IndiaInformation Technology and Services
    Current
    KF Bioplants Pvt Ltd Pune
    Previous
    Delta Tech IT Solutions
    Education
    Kolhapur Shivaji University Kolhapur

anyway !! I think it's a good price for a wildcard ssl , most companies start their marketing with cheap price and good support to got some customers and reviews and this is cheaper than advertisement

• I got the ssl - verify the cheap price and the good support :)

• Im ordering ended with fraud check, contact support no reply yet (3 hour)

• cassacassa Member
    edited January 2015
  • @rokok said:
    Im ordering ended with fraud check, contact support no reply yet (3 hour)

Wait at least 24 hours bro

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Yeah, this one seems even more interesting. The cheapest I can find these certs for anywhere else is around $100.

• @trewq said:
    Yeah, this one seems even more interesting. The cheapest I can find these certs for anywhere else is around $100.

Looks like he's doing the same thing as all his other ventures. Get free "loaned credit" from companies that do reselling of these things (domains, SSL etc.) then basically keep stealing money until that wallet runs out.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

He's obviously reselling... Does anyone know what happens to the licences if this guys tuns away? Does the main company normally assumes responsibility for the licences.

I'm assuming this has happened before...

• @trewq said:
    He's obviously reselling... Does anyone know what happens to the licences if this guys tuns away? Does the main company normally assumes responsibility for the licences.

I'm assuming this has happened before...

Look up soliddragon.

• sumosumo Member
    edited January 2015

If this is the same person as the one behind Solid Dragon, Ixo Networks, Intronet Servers, or Igen Hosting, then you do have an idea of the business ethics of the person you are doing business with. The question then becomes, do you want to do business with this type of person?

• seccert.io seems down at the moment. anybody can confirm?
    I already have a nice wildcard ssl with them, wanted 2 more, but seems the website is down.

• @thelastmujahid said:
    seccert.io seems down at the moment. anybody can confirm?

For me too...

The server at seccert.io can't be found because the DNS look-up failed.

• Welp, that didn't last long.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

SSL still working :)

https://jarland.me

• @Jar said:
    SSL still working :)

https://jarland.me

Same. Works for me. Heh.

• Saw it coming a mile off...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks like the nameservers for idannetwork.com are broken. According to the registrar ns1.idannetwork.com and ns2.idannetwork.com should point to 178.239.55.114 and 178.239.55.115. Neither are pingable. Assuming it won't be back online anytime soon. I definitely got my $10 worth though :)

• I miss Intronet. Only company incompetent enough to let me run ZMap.

• I've heard, from the owner himself, that he has problems with the datacenter and will be moving the sites.

• SSL's are not effected our site will be back shortly with a new Update.

• @jimmy said:
    SSL's are not effected our site will be back shortly with a new Update.

Hey! You! Domain stealer! Get my domains back! :(

• So it seems that they aren't in business anymore ? Can anyone access their site ?

• Godaddy have some nice SSLs that are fairly cheap.

• @ECNetworks said:
    Godaddy have some nice SSLs that are fairly cheap.

Yeah I know but well 10 bucks for a wildcard ssl ? That is quite unbeatable imho...
    But ofc there are also nice alternatives :)