Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a lab/POC box...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a lab/POC box...

I'm looking for a lab/proof-of-concept box that can accommodate the following:

• Four CPU cores
  • 8/12/16 GB Memory
  • Intel VT-x / EPT or AMD-V
  • 50GB HDD
  • must support nested virtualization/nesting

Open to all solutions. Price talks.

Comments

• Do you have a budget in mind? As in what would be the maximum you'd spend?

• Depends all on the solution. Like to stay below $80; closer to $30-50 would be great if possible.

I was looking at VPSdime that had a great price of $17/month for a quad core 12G system - but they don't support nested virtualization.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2015

I can set you up on my delimiter virtualizor panel but as of right now I would have to ask for $48/quarter to help pay for the /28 subnet I would be giving you a ip off of. please contact me via sales ticket at my blesta panel here: https://blesta.keyedinsoftware.us/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/1/

Please also note I can enable nested virtualization on the vm I give you off of my virtualizor panel. Please contact me via the sales ticket link above as the plans on the blesta order form are for testing purposes only and don't really work at this time that is why I asked to contact me via blesta due to I will have to provision it manually for right now.

Also please quote me if you reply since I don't monitor the forums here and it would notify me via email when you replied if you quoted me.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: Open to all solutions.

Virtualbox on your laptop.

said: Price talks.

Free.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    Free.

Besides all the upgrades that might need to happen.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

David_P said: Besides all the upgrades that might need to happen.

Maybe, though a 4-core laptop or desktop with 8GB of RAM and 50GB of disk is hardly unusual these days.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i like the idea of something that I can "rent", instead of it becoming permanent.

• Yes you can "rent" the vm if you want to, as I have no problem with you canceling your vm and stop paying because I will just delete the vm and free up the ip space for me or someone else =) Anyway besides the joke I just made yes I don't have a problem with you "renting" the vm once I set it up and you pay for it you're free to do whatever you want with it as long as it adheres to delimiters tos. including if you want to canceling it and moving your data somewhere else.

• Thanks timnboys - so $48 per yearly quarter? I'd like to hear a few more offers as well.

• Waveride or OverZold

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2015

Okay I don't know what you mean by "yearly quarter" could you please tell me when are you looking to pay for the vm yearly? 3 months(quarter)? 6 months(semi-annually)? 1 month(monthly)? I am just confused on the payment period you're looking for.
    As depending on what payment period you would be going for, there is a difference in the price....because I don't know what payment period your looking for so I don't really know what quote to give you so that is why I am asking as if you are talking about a different payment period than quarter(every 3 months) it may be cheaper or different than what I gave you.

@DonnieDarko said:
    Thanks timnboys - so $48 per yearly quarter? I'd like to hear a few more offers as well.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Would you mind tell us what setup / applications are you planing to install on the server ?

• Runabove.com should do the trick.