Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP/AJAX Guru for some skype help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP/AJAX Guru for some skype help

is there anyone really good who can help me with a small thing on skype ?

thanx all

Comments

• Be great if you could post a lot more information on what you need help with.

• ahh sorry here you go ..
    i have a magento install and one of the plugins is makings calls to amazon aws way too frequently .. i would like to slow it down
    i have tried sleep(x) etc
    but i am afraid thats not helping

maybe someone who knows this better can help is what i was thinking.

thanx

• I'm not a php/ajax guru hehe but thought I'd tell you that you can go to freelance websites like oDesk cause there are lots of good developers there that you can hire to help you out. All the best!

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Sleep on the PHP side wouldn't work because Ajax is calling the script. So it goes AJAX->PHP->PHP Runs->SLEEP

Which means each time Ajax calls to PHP, PHP still runs regardless of what the state was on the last Ajax call.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited January 2015

dammugly said: ahh sorry here you go .. i have a magento install and one of the plugins is makings calls to amazon aws way too frequently .. i would like to slow it down i have tried sleep(x) etc but i am afraid thats not helping

maybe someone who knows this better can help is what i was thinking.

thanx

Do you have access to the plugins source code? (Or the part of the code that is making the call?) Post it if you can, I can try to help.

• @Dillybob .. thank you .. sent you the pm