Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Piwik - LowendSpirit style
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Piwik - LowendSpirit style

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Just a quick update that the Lowendspirit project is growing and now has the first Software as a Service up and running.

I have been working since March 2014 on a solution for Hosted Piwik that would be easy to manage for the customers and now it is finally so far that the customers that already signed up for Hosted Piwik as an addon was informed yesterday about the 2.0 version that is now available.

As a extra feature there will be a 50% discount to anyone who buys a new LES server (no matter which provider as long as the provider is working under the LES umbrella) on the package that can track visitors on 30 websites.

This is only valid for new orders but you who already owns a LES will not be left without a treat.

If you signup for the smallest package and mention your LES order number and which provider you used I will confirm this and the upgrade your account to the medium package for free.
That means you will get a 40% discount.

For those of you that want to take advantage of this the website for this product line is http://site-visits.com. (Site is still under development)
Billing and support will be handled under the FreecPanelSharedHosting brand that is owned by InceptionHosting.

Screenshot of the manage interface in WHMCS:

Currently the Hosted Piwik server is located in Milan, Italy.
More locations will be available during 2015. Next step will be USA with servers on each coast.

This is posted using the mobile view from my phone while sitting in the car (as a passenger) so if I left some information out, feel free to post your questions here or on the LowendSpirit forum.

Thank you for reading.

Thanked by 4Lee VPNsh emdad bersy

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Really nice service and offer. I may go for this, I could do with this kind of service running separately from all my other servers.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Great to see this available, shall be trying out shortly.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2015

Not to be a dick, but did you get permission to post this from an admin?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • nice. Will look at it soon

Thanked by 1mikho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Not to be a dick, but did you permission to post this from an admin?

You can be Dick and Incan be Jane. :)
    No permission asked before posting, that is true. Tried to write it not as an offer but a statement about a provider in the business.

If the formating is wrong and this would count as an offer, feel free to delete the thread and I'll get permission from @mpkossen or @Spirit and post it at a later date.

• @Nekki said:

You know @MikHo is good member of this community. Of course, @mpkossen will allow it anyway.

@alexvolk said:

Even if I am considered a good member (thank you for the kind words) I still have to follow the same rules as everyone else so if the admins thinks decides that this thread should be treated as an offer then it should be deleted.

• alexvolk said: You know @MikHo is good member of this community. Of course, @mpkossen will allow it anyway.

Not the point, the rules apply to everyone, well-respected members aren't above them; even @Jar had to get permission for MXRoute offers after years with Catalyst.

That said, I can see that the thread has been sunk, which means that someone made a call on this already and let it stay :-)

• @Nekki said:

He did.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Interesting, however have you done any testing of how Piwik scales?

We used to offer free Piwik with all of our services at X4B, however even on considerable hardware found it performed very poorly at size (many small - medium sites).

Version 1.0 of the Hosted Piwik was hosted on a 128mb Xen server and was in the end a bit slow when reports were generated but still handled a fair bit of visitors. I found that the amount of sites monitored is of less important then the amount of current visitors (ie inserts to the db).

This first server is also virtual but with more "power" so I expect it to perform better with that same amount of sites/visitors.

With proper monitoring I estimate that a second server should be deployed at the right moment as the amount of sites/visitors grows.
    To answer your question; no scientific research has been done. I would liked to have had more data to base the decision on what hardware to use but you have to start somewhere.