Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for best dedicated server or vps (usenet/atleast 500gb hd)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for best dedicated server or vps (usenet/atleast 500gb hd)

camjac251camjac251 Member
edited January 2015 in Requests

I am looking for the best dedicated or vps server that allows usenet, They don't have to specifically say they do, if others are currently using them for that purpose. I'd need atleast 500gb of disk space, and a good port speed as well, atleast 100mbps. For the cpu, I'd need it to be well enough for Plex. And finally the ram, 2gb is fine. US location would be nice but not required if the price is good. Kimsufi seems like a good option but want to see if there are other cheaper alternatives for the price.

Comments

• recommended for SYS (no Kimsufi) or online.net.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

If you're looking for cheaper than kimsufi it isn't possible.

• camjac251camjac251 Member
    edited January 2015

@BharatB said:
    If you're looking for cheaper than kimsufi it isn't possible.

Kimsufi only has 1 package in stock, KS-3. I'd like to have a faster connection than 100mbps. someone posted on let about a company called RockoFire, they offer a faster cpu than kimsufi and 1gbps for $5 more, and without the kimsufi setup fee too...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2015

@camjac251 said:

We do offer

E3-1230 v2

8GB ECC RAM

1TB HDD / 120GB SSD

5TB bandwidth

5 IPv4 ( Justification required )

10gb/s DDoS protection ( included )

$35/mo

Test IP - 108.61.14.3

Let me know if you're intrested.

Terms

1. We deploy in 72h excluding holidays / weekends.

2. If we fail to deploy within 72h , you can request 5$ account credit for discount on next billing / you can ask for full refund.

P.S. Only 1 unit left.

• @BharatB said:
    P.S. Only 1 unit left.

Looking for something cheaper than that

• wait for the cheapest kimsufi or get an online box.

• @hostnoob said:
    wait for the cheapest kimsufi or get an online box.

I don't think that it will be coming back anytime soon. I missed my chance.. It was available 2 days ago in the Canada DC.

• @camjac251 said:
    I don't think that it will be coming back anytime soon. I missed my chance.. It was available 2 days ago in the Canada DC.

I'm sure they come back every few days. It's not as rare as the 1.99 Online box. There is a script somewhere to notify you by email when they're in stock.

• Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations for what you use for usenet/torrents? Also if anyone has an online.net box they'd like to sell or a kimsufi, I'd be willing to buy.