Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoVZ now offer 64MB yearly VPS -- 1.50Euro/year + RYANTRACKER(TradeMark) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoVZ now offer 64MB yearly VPS -- 1.50Euro/year + RYANTRACKER(TradeMark)

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

Please, add the Timezone to it otherwise its pretty useless. Clock is going wrong? its 6:22 and your thing shows 3:52

• @Infinity580 said:
    Please, add the Timezone to it otherwise its pretty useless. Clock is going wrong? its 6:22 and your thing shows 3:52

Cloud is correct for Ryans time. Its is around 3:52 for Ryan currently.

And his time zone is UTC+10:30 I think

• Did you succeed to run HAProxy with this tutorial?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Monkey, PHP and SQLite can make a very good web stack on top of this 64MB offer. Will order one :)

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Forgot to mention the RyanTracker (tm)

http://ryandreamsofsheep.com/

Nice site, Im curious nevertheless. Why should somebody be interested in that as
    those LES come without support anyway!? Whiners should get their stuff sorted themself.

• @BBTN said:
    those LES come without support anyway!? Whiners should get their stuff sorted themself.

There is always some.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited January 2015

True, but although insane. At least for "technical support".

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @Rami said:
    Did you succeed to run HAProxy with this tutorial?

I haven't tried, sorry.

Thanked by 1Rami
  • @jemaltz said:
    I haven't tried, sorry.

With nanovz run the nginx version not HAProxy

http://megavz.com/scripts/proxy.sh

• Not much documentation there, but it doesn't look like that would work with SSL, unless I'm missing some behind-the-scenes SNI work. And it doesn't look like it'll cover the case of devices that don't support SNI (like a lot of specialized STBs..).

• @jemaltz said:
    Not much documentation there, but it doesn't look like that would work with SSL, unless I'm missing some behind-the-scenes SNI work. And it doesn't look like it'll cover the case of devices that don't support SNI (like a lot of specialized STBs..).

If you require SSL send in a ticket ;)

• arestarest Member
    edited January 2015

23 websites ran smoothly in their 1gb box with haproxy, coupled with incapsula to get diff ips

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • Which DC in DE? Test ip maybe?

• @chrisp
    ProviderServ.

Dusseldorf, Germany - ProviderService
    Test IPv4: 5.45.176.3
    Test IPv6: 2a02:e00:ffff:56:ffff:ffff:12a7:8cef

• ferchofercho Member
    edited January 2015

@pcan said:
    64 Mb VPS are a perfect choice for a personal OpenVPN + Squid proxy. The default OS template is Centos, but I like the Debian 7 minimal template more. SSH port 22 is forwarded to a nonstandard port listed on the provisioning email. TUN and PPP needs to be enabled trough the SolusVM control panel. I installed squid and the OpenVPN script I found on the LES support forum, and they run without issues. The bundle package with 5 locations is a even better deal.

I have these server but I could not install squid
    Please explain to me how you did it

• There is plenty of documentation on the LES forum, but I installed squid my way.
    This procedure will erase all data on the VPS, so make a backup first, if needed.

Open the VPS control panel and select the server

Click Reinstall, select and activate "Debian 7.0 i386 minimal". Wait 1-3 minutes until the VPS is back online.

On the VPS control panel, change the root password.

Open your ssh client (on Windows, use the putty application), insert the VPS PUBLIC IP address and SSH port you received on the activation email. The public IP address is NOT the address you see on the VPS control panel, because NanoVZ is a NAT service. Use the PUBLIC address from the email instead. Connect to the VPS with the username root.

Write this command:

apt-get update 

and press enter. Then write:

apt-get upgrade 

and press enter. Wait for the updates to complete.

Back on the VPS control panel, put "TUN/TAP" to "ON" and confirm. Putty will close the connection, the VPS will reboot. Restart the connection, then put "PPP" to "ON" and confirm. The VPS will reboot again; restart the Putty connection again with the username root.

Issue the following commands:

apt-get install squid squid-common apache2-utils 
    htpasswd -c /etc/squid.passwd proxyuser

Enter the password for the user proxyuser (you can change the user name as you wish, should proxyuser not suit your taste).

Now enter:

nano /etc/squid/squid.conf 

Insert the following lines in the file:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid.passwd
    auth_param basic children 5
    auth_param basic realm NFYE Squid proxy-caching web server
    auth_param basic credentialsttl 3 hours
    auth_param basic casesensitive off
    acl users proxy_auth REQUIRED
    acl sectionx proxy_auth REQUIRED
    http_access allow users

Now search the line that start with http_port and change the number. Check again the VPS activation email, it says "Your Forwarded IPv4 ports are ...". Use the last number, corresponding to the last port. Save the file.

Now issue the command:

service squid restart

Or simply reboot the VPS:

shutdown -r now

To use the proxy, insert in your browser preferences the VPN PUBLIC IP, the port you specified as http_port, the username (proxyuser in this example) and the password you specified with the htpasswd command.

• @pcan

can I post this on the knowledge on EvoBurst?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom: Yes, of course. You may also want to reply to the other thread started by OP on LET and point to the Evoburst Knowledgebase, because this is a offer thread and is buried.

I extrapolated a section of the procedure I follow for my LES VPSs, I suggest you to replicate it on a empty VPS (just to be sure I did not missed any steps and/or clarifications). This should take 5 min. max.

On my VPS, I also install OpenVPN

wget http://git.io/vpn --no-check-certificate -O openvpn-install.sh

chmod +x openvpn-install.sh

./openvpn-install.sh

and I change the SSH port and the time zone.