Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Catalyst Host - Denver, CO - 128mb with vSwap, 10GB, Unmetered - $3.50/m or $35/y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Catalyst Host - Denver, CO - 128mb with vSwap, 10GB, Unmetered - $3.50/m or $35/y

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited July 2012 in Offers

Me & Ryan would like to introduce you to the new Catalyst Host VPS brand. As of right now this is one single product. Upgrades may be requested. If you would like a custom package please contact me here or at [email protected].

TOS / Privacy / AUP: https://www.catalysthost.com/tosaup.php

VPS1
1 CPU Core
128MB RAM
128MB vSwap
10GB Storage
Unmetered 100mbit
Instant setup
IPv6 Coming Soon

$3.50/month or $35/year
PayPal only
http://catalystvps.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

This package includes, upon request, the following shared hosting package from Catalyst Host that can be used for web hosting, small storage, DNS hosting, SQL hosting, e-mail hosting, or anything else you can think of.

1GB Shared hosting space
1TB Bandwidth
5 SQL Databases
Unlimited e-mail
Unlimited domains
1-6 hour setup

Test IP: 76.73.109.132
Test file: http://76.73.109.132/100mb.test

Catalyst Host has been around for more than a year now as a shared hosting provider. For research purposes, our first year was spent at catalysthost.org while we waited for our .com to expire. We value quality service and support above all else, and we refuse to accept more clients than we know we are capable of taking care of. We will add stock as we can and hope to add more packages in the near future. If interested, you can read more about us here: https://www.catalysthost.com/about.php

Current templates available:
CentOS 5 Minimal
CentOS 5 Centreon (thanks Tim!)
CentOS 6 Minimal
Debian 6 Minimal
Ubuntu 12.04 Minimal
Ubuntu 12.04

Thanked by 1jcaleb

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

Much love for having minimal templates!! <3

Thanked by 1jar
  • bretonbreton Member

@jarland said: This package includes, upon request, the following shared hosting package from Catalyst Host that can be used for web hosting, small storage, DNS hosting, SQL hosting, e-mail hosting, or anything else you can think of.

@jarland said:

5000MB Bandwidth

Does the traffic between the VPS and the hosting account count?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2012

It does, but it's a flexible number. In fact I want to update it now. It's been a long day ;)

• Audio/Video Streaming is not hosting friendly on a shared server. As such, Catalyst Host does not allow excessive streaming of audio or video content. Offending accounts will be suspended without noticed or terminated.

Does this apply to these VPS packages as well, or just to your shared hosting products?

edited July 2012

That only applies to shared hosting. I should be more specific on that, thanks for catching it! Truthfully though, excessive is intentionally vague. It would take a lot for me to suspend someone. I consider it my job to make sure everyone can use what they have within reason, rather than passing that burden to clients.

Thanked by 2breton ihatetonyy
  • Well, that was my cue to sign up! Everything looks very nice.

Download tests:

2012-07-30 04:50:43 (11.0 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600] (Cachefly)
    2012-07-30 04:54:54 (5.58 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600] (VPS6 LA)
    2012-07-30 04:56:54 (9.36 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600] (Datashack)

Upload tests:

2012-07-30 17:04:25 (11.2 MB/s) - â/dev/nullâ (Datashack)
    2012-07-31 02:08:25 (10.9 MB/s) - â/dev/nullâ (VPS6 Chicago)
    2012-07-31 02:09:39 (9.79 MB/s) - â/dev/nullâ (VPS6 LA)

And of course..

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 11.3394 s, 94.7 MB/s

Thanked by 1jar
  • blackblack Member

@ihatetonyy utf-8 man... utf-8

Bandwidth has improved a lot since the routing changes. Disk I/O isn't where I want it to be. I'll give it a look tonight and see if I can push a little more. This node isn't intended to be filled to typical LEB capacity though.

• Of note, in the Debian template's /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian             squeeze main contrib non-free
    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security    squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

edited July 2012

@ihatetonyy said: Of note, in the Debian template's /etc/apt/sources.list:

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I took that template straight from OVZ wiki. I need to fix that and create some templates of my own. I've got some unique ideas. Any requests are welcome.

Also added test IP and test file. Sort of forgot those.

Edit: Debian 6 template fixed.

Next 13 orders get 256mb ram and 256mb vswap. Open a ticket to claim it. You'll know when it's done, stock will be at 0. Already added to existing orders.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

I love the 100mbit unmetered =)

Thanked by 2jar ihatetonyy
  • @jarland said: Already added to existing orders.

This is change I can believe in.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @ihatetonyy said: This is change I can believe in.

So... @jarland is the change this nation needs?

I BELIEVE IN YOU

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
    edited July 2012

More stock added. I forgot to set alerts to wake me, I sleep one good night and it's sold out ;)

edited July 2012

Me & Ryan were just talking and decided that with the limited number of people we want to put on this node (there is a business plan, if you're thinking otherwise), it'd be appropriate to increase disk allotment. Sorry to be changing the package after going live, and it isn't an attempt to try to drive sales harder, it just seems appropriate and after being well rested for the first time in weeks I can't figure out why I decided on 10GB. So it's 40GB. Existing containers updated, of course.