Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Vultr and DigitalOcean alternatives - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Vultr and DigitalOcean alternatives

2»

Comments

• sepeisepei Member
    edited January 2015

@Maniac said:
    But first, can I see your ID?

Can I see yours?

@dammugly said:
    slightly offtopic:

what i would like to know is who can code the backend / or if there is an open source available to launch a VULTR like service with a few dozen dedis around the world ..
    i am sure OP and i are thinking along the same lines

cheers

With a few dedis you will not be able to serve the quality like vultr, DO or linode got.
    Coding such a panel should be not that hard just learn some php and how to connect it safty to a linux bash console. Also virtkick is a free opensource panel like DO?

Thanked by 1michaelphan
  • Try leaseweb

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Dediserve.com is a really solid alternative who offers a true cloud service.

They are, but I had to cancel my VPS with them on the CC network. No sooner was it setup Dediserve ticketed and told my it was being attacked by DDoS and the IP was null routed.

Had not even logged into it, despite my protest to Dediserve about this their response was

"The nulling is an entirely automated process on the CC network. Let me know if you;d like me to request additional details from them?"

I just cancelled it, after I said again that it was a new VM they offered to change it but I just thought, nah, it's not starting out well and I would rather finish it now.

Appreciate these thing do happen but the immediate responses from support just put me off them.

• I found this one today when I was going through openstack website.. I am going to try it vexxhost.com as they have an offer now for 5 USD per month for few customers

• praveen said: I found this one today when I was going through openstack website.. I am going to try it vexxhost.com as they have an offer now for 5 USD per month for few customers

Vexxhost are good people. Just keep in mind they're only in Canada.

• W1V_Lee said: They are, but I had to cancel my VPS with them on the CC network. No sooner was it setup Dediserve ticketed and told my it was being attacked by DDoS and the IP was null routed.

Had not even logged into it, despite my protest to Dediserve about this their response was

"The nulling is an entirely automated process on the CC network. Let me know if you;d like me to request additional details from them?"

I just cancelled it, after I said again that it was a new VM they offered to change it but I just thought, nah, it's not starting out well and I would rather finish it now.

Appreciate these thing do happen but the immediate responses from support just put me off them.

The null wouldn't have happened unless the IP received a significant amount of traffic all of a sudden, actually... I wonder if someone was randomly targeting their IPs...

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited January 2015

amarc said: Do you have experience with them and their Cloud servers ? From what I can tell they are singlehomed Cogent, how was network performance ?

I know the owner. They may be single-homed, but they have good routes.

As far as I'm aware, their network performs well. Their cloud is OpenStack based and they are constantly working on improving it. I can't vouch for the performance, but $5.00 isn't much to spent to check them out :)

• sepei said: With a few dedis you will not be able to serve the quality like vultr, DO or linode got

Sure you can, it's nothing special. :)

• @W1V_Lee said:

Sorry to hear that Lee, we always work hard to work with customers and could happily have changed your IPs or put you on a new network. No worries if it's already too late for that.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dediserve said:
    Sorry to hear that Lee, we always work hard to work with customers and could happily have changed your IPs or put you on a new network. No worries if it's already too late for that.

@W1V_Lee the automated protection system is pretty accurate but it might have picked something up by mistake. Let us know if you try Dediserve again and we can disable that feature on your IP.

Thanked by 2Lee DalekOfSkaro
  • Yeah, @W1V_Lee -- you should give @dediserve another shot :) They are one of the awesome providers there.

• @praveen said:
    I found this one today when I was going through openstack website.. I am going to try it vexxhost.com as they have an offer now for 5 USD per month for few customers

no snapshoot in cloud server plan

• +1 for dediserve. They are really one of awesome providers out there..when is singapore location coming? @dediserve

• Singapore is being 'finished' up as I type. We hope to launch in the coming week!

Thanked by 2arpanjot vimalware
  • jbiloh said: true cloud service

I dont think its 'true' cloud. If I remember rightly they are using DAS rather than SAN so there is no HA.

• Hey Mark, we run HP blades entirely, our storage arrays are D2220sb Blade arrays, which run lefthand/HP iSCSI (and 12 SSDs with Flash Caching). We find this gives us a great balance of enterprise reliability and great performance, will full VM mobility. Any questions let us know :)

• (also in terms of the alternative on this thread, all are local disk iirc)

• @dediserve - I wasn't being rude, I was just pointing out that like DigitalOcean, Wable, Vultr etc you are not offering true cloud. You are offering servers with DAS so in the event of a blade failure or crash then you can't immediate spin up the instance on another server. You have to wait until that blade is restarted/replaced. With SAN the server has no datastore so if a blade fails, then the VM can be spun up automatically on another server.

• Our arrays are SAN (Isci) so we actually offer the best of both worlds :) also by investing over 18k per hyper visor we've not had a hardware failure that impacted a client in over 4 years.

Why we win business in the face of budget ssd vps providers is this enterprise flexibility that allows clients to build any spec they want

• dediserve said: Our arrays are SAN (Isci) so we actually offer the best of both worlds :) also by investing over 18k per hyper visor we've not had a hardware failure that impacted a client in over 4 years.

Why we win business in the face of budget ssd vps providers is this enterprise flexibility that allows clients to build any spec they want

Thanked by 2vimalware dediserve
  • When it comes to DigitalOcean & Vultr Alternatives...RunAbove is worth a mention
    Try it yourself

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited January 2015

@icry is SMTP enabled on steadfast instance I know it is disabled on sandboxes. I can use mandrill but still need to know if suitable for setting up a mailserver. Any idea?

• @praveen said:
    icry is SMTP enabled on steadfast instance I know it is disabled on sandboxes. I can use mandrill but still need to know if suitable for setting up a mailserver. Any idea?

I have not tried setting up a mail server
    For sending mails I think you must try Sendy+Amazon SES combo
    I have heard good things about them 1$/10,000 mails for Amazon SES and 40$ One Time Payment for Sendy App

Thanked by 1praveen
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

I heard that @Onrahost is preparing TrueCloud in LA. Care to share Mike ?