Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone else's web server mysteriously needed restarting last night?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone else's web server mysteriously needed restarting last night?

At about 8 last night (GMT -4) All of my websites stopped working... While I did manage to quickly get them back up with a restart I was wondering if anyone else had that issue. Especially as it affected multiple of my servers on different providers.

All servers running debian 7.6, with MariaDB and dotdeb for php and nginx.

Comments

• Most probably your internet connection problem?

If any random webserver restarted last night, it would be all over the web already.

• No issues here, do you have some sort of auto update system?

• Did check my monit... My DotDeb Php, MariaDB, OpenResty and Debian 7.7 system is just fine. You better check something else in your servers. You might have something in common to make it happen. A cronjob maybe?

• mitpattersonmitpatterson Member
    edited December 2014

I saw them go down on my monitor(uptime robot) while i was sleeping. Server it self has uptime of over 13 days. Looks like it was recorded in EST(UTC -5). To note i did nothing to restore so could have been the provider.

Latest downtime

It is recorded on 31-12-2014 02:10:25 and the downtime lasted for 0 hrs, 3 mins.

• Seems Local ISP issue.