Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for HA Multi location Anycast DDoS protected VPSs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for HA Multi location Anycast DDoS protected VPSs

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
edited December 2014 in Requests

Hello everyone,

As the title says my requirements are pretty strict with regards to features.

I need High Availability over multiple locations with an anycast DDoS protected IP.

VPS Resources requirements are:

RAM: 512MB

HDD: 15-30GB

Bandwidth: 1TB

Budget: Definitely not $7. I am willing to pay what it costs for these features.

Please give me some offers, even if you can't do the anycast or are in a single location I would still like your offers!

Brendan

Comments

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited December 2014

High availability and anycast are not necessarily the same, though they can go together...

Anycast is just sharing an IP address between multiple geographic locations. High availability is essentially a "0%" downtime setup. Typically, this is achieved by having fully redundant hardware in multiple geographic locations. However, it also needs to be achieved in the software layer. If your software doesn't support multiple geographic locations, there's no point in anycast.

You're looking at spending a lot more than a few hundred dollars a year for a truly highly available and anycast setup. Odds are, you're looking for anycast and your application will need to take care of the redundancy.

The only company that I know of who offers such a setup is BuyVM.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Quite aware of what I'm asking for @Steven_F :) Just seeing what people have available so I may be able to leverage multiple providers to achieve what I want.

• Just making sure! I can let you know of people who can setup real HA/anycast for you, but it'll run you more like $100 - $250 per GB of RAM in each location.

Can't quite justify that price just yet. I'll get in contact with you when I am.

• GoodHosting Chicago location has all: anycast, HA, ddos protected. But only 1 location.

• Surprised no one mentioned BuyVM yet, cheap anycast

@zhuanyi said:
    Surprised no one mentioned BuyVM yet, cheap anycast

@Steven_F already did. I'm pretty sure that's who I'll be using, just need to get it setup and do some testing first.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @trewq said:
    Steven_F already did. I'm pretty sure that's who I'll be using, just need to get it setup and do some testing first.

Sorry...learning how to read now :)