Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything like anonymous VPN service ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there anything like anonymous VPN service ?

2»

Comments

• I have used Astrill.com for two years now, and I'm really happy. Just renewed for two more years with their black Friday offer, and got StealthVPN and RouterPro included + I pay for NAT firewall and Home plan (I'm using it on 5 computers/servers)

• Yes they have StealthVPN and all that. However, you are focusing too much on the technical part. Astrill is a big enough VPN provider that nothing they are doing can be "stealth" anymore. If whoever that's run GFW can dig up pretty much all the IPs related to CyberGhost and block them, they can easily do the same to Astrill. I mean just sign up for an account and grab all of their server IPs and block them. Easy.

I'm curious as to why CyberGhost/PIA/HMA/etc. is blocked in China, while Astrill remain untouched.

• halczy said: I'm curious as to why CyberGhost/PIA/HMA/etc. is blocked in China, while Astrill remain untouched

Wasn't that his point? Astrill apparently uses undetectable VPN connections, so if Astrill is the only one not blocked in China then this has to be the reason, no?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@halczy said:
    I'm curious as to why CyberGhost/PIA/HMA/etc. is blocked in China, while Astrill remain untouched.

Astrill is run by the Chinese government? Let the conspiracies begin :P. Just kidding, maybe they have some alternate setup compared to the others that you mentioned?

• @4n0nx

That doesn't really explain why Astrill.com can be visited directly from China.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited December 2014

@liamwithers said:
    Astrill is run by the Chinese government? Let the conspiracies begin :P. Just kidding, maybe they have some alternate setup compared to the others that you mentioned?

My guess is when the Chinese government request certain info on one of their users, they spill it out.

/conspiracy_theories

• @halczy said:
    4n0nx

That doesn't really explain why Astrill.com can be visited directly from China.

I see now. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/astrill.com
    Rank 7.8k in China. :0

• NordVPN looks interesting. Okay price too. Maybe I'll give it a try.

• drazilox said: NordVPN looks interesting. Okay price too. Maybe I'll give it a try.

After reading their German translation/website, I wouldn't. Reads like a scam e-mail.

• @drazilox said:
    NordVPN looks interesting. Okay price too. Maybe I'll give it a try.

NordVPN and AirVPN are the only 2 which are definitely completely clean on this, which in the case of AirVPN is only due to the Italian legal system being a joke. Both definitely don't keep logs (AirVPN can log the amount you have downloaded, but its an opt-in thing); PIA have been rumored to have to be forced to log users under court order which tbh should be good enough for most people.

• frank said: NordVPN and AirVPN are the only 2 which are definitely completely clean on this

evidence pls

• This list is a good start http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2014-edition-140315/

Plus some of the comments have interesting info

• jimaek said:

This list is a good start

Have we not established yet that you cannot rely on words?

• yes but 1. The comments often link information regarding lying providers and 2. Torrentfreak updates the list based on reported issues so its better than nothing

• I think it will take it more than just words or website or ads or policy to prove an VPN is secure enough to be said completely anonymous. I think using TOR over VPN than becomes a must.

• frankfrank Member
    edited December 2014

@darknessends said:
    I think it will take it more than just words or website or ads or policy to prove an VPN is secure enough to be said completely anonymous. I think using TOR over VPN than becomes a must.

If you are serious business about it you should be using both.

Both are flawed, but unless you doing something illegal (terrorism, pedophilia etc) the people with resources to use the flaws wont bother.

@4n0nx said:
    evidence pls

I shouldn't really have used the word 'definitely' as I cant prove it. Its just based on information posted in various places.