Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can I do when somebody copy my site, and change my affiliates link to theirs? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What can I do when somebody copy my site, and change my affiliates link to theirs?

2»

Comments

• @comXyz said:
    Wow

But since they get $10 to signup, it takes at least two months before they decide if they will use them or not. Then they have to use $25 before I get my $25, so it will take a long time before I get paid.

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited December 2014

Lots of DMCA request both to the owner of the site and their host (Virpus.com) and now they have removed all my reviews from their site. Thank you for the help here.
    Proof that LET is a helpful forum.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish netomx
  • @Amitz said:
    How much do you earn with those referrals to Vultr? Seems to be quite a bit, given how nervous you are about some being lost. Doesn't make your reviews more credible, to be honest...

Did you know that the same site has taken your review also:
    http://dhcoupons.com/18024/one-year-backupsy-com-small-review.html

it's the same as:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/32867/one-year-with-backupsy-com-a-small-review

So he is taking reviews from all places.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Pyr02k1Pyr02k1 Member
    edited December 2014

@myhken said:

That one is rough... I'm not sure that he can send the dmca since it's posted on the forums. On the other hand, the copyright notice on the forums themselves may allow for an admin to send the request on his behalf. If he starts getting takedown requests to his host from other sites, there's a good chance that they'll consider him too much of a hassle and kill his account. Not much of a benefit to anyone...

Better to file the requests Google before the offending content is removed, then file with the host. Google tends to lower site rankings when they start getting a flood of removal requests for the site. He won't get any real views for remaining stolen content after that... That's a win win for everyone. Now we just need an admin to send over a request to Google to help kick start the process.

• Actually don't know who did get him to remove my reviews. Did he do it, after 6-7 DMCA request (one for each review stolen). Did his host Virpus.com do it (most likely not, since all replies I have gotten from them is that they don't find the page (maybe because it was removed??) But they did send me a update now, that they have informed their customer. (proof that he is a virpus.com user).
    Did wowrack.com demand that he took down the stolen reviews, after several DMCA request to them?
    Most likely it was the owner him self, that now regrets that he did not reply on my polite e-mail two weeks ago. Now he is reported to Vultr.com (I did find his aff.account number), wowrack.com, virpus.com, twitter and Google. With the DDoS attack all day yesterday, I will say that he did not have a good day today. :D Lesson maybe learned, don't steel reviews from me. Hope @Amitz also take action against the review "Tom" has stolen from him also.

• Reviews and ads are the same....
    ..Just saying..

• @paulof said:
    Reviews and ads are the same....
    ..Just saying..

When do you see negative ads? If I'm not happy with one of my host, I write about it.
    And thats the reason why I don't write reviews about any new host that nobody have heard about, or any host I don't use (or test for future usage)
    So I don't agree with your statement.