Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is best Dedi I can get for $20/month? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is best Dedi I can get for $20/month?

2»

Comments

• sepei said: Like Loomhost the GVH Killer. That was also a 4-5 year old company (looked also at timemachine) and still they melked the costumers 2 days later the host was offline. Nothing agains you. I hate myself if this offer is real working but as already said before Hetzner dont really offer discounts.

Did they also give 24/7 support to their customers after payment? Were they corporate member on WHT? Did they have a picture on FB that shows them on the road with a laptop, saying "we are still there for our customers"? or "On our way to Düsseldorf to make a deal with another data center"?

Yeah, I guess they could suddenly disappear, but every company could. BoltVM hasn't yet and they had an amazing offer as well (I'd say equal price wise).

In the worst case scenario, my bank and/or VISA will probably refund the money.

• BharatB said: @4n0nx @W1V_Lee requesting not to derail the topic please , Thank you.

I was unaware that you expected to resolve the question about the best dedi for <$20 without any discussion at all.

• @4n0nx said:
    In the worst case scenario, my bank and/or VISA will probably refund the money.

Well I already lost money even with a credit card so for me it was to risk. I hope for you you can keep this server for a year and when not you get your money back (free server want you want more :) ). But please keep us up to date.

• sepei said: Well I already lost money even with a credit card so for me it was to risk. I hope for you you can keep this server for a year and when not you get your money back (free server want you want more :) ). But please keep us up to date.

How did you lose money? I don't expect to get my money back, but I knew Paypal would probably not refund it, due to their intangible goods policy (as if a server was intangible), so I paid with credit card.

If anyone would like to shed a light on how VISA deals with refunds in case of fraud... :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@BharatB said:

E3-1230 v2

32GB ECC RAM

120GB SSD

10TB BW @ 1GBPS

/29 block

@ $30/mo
    [NL]

This offer was on limited stock and is sold out !! further orders will be priced @ $60 /mo which include a whmcs branded internal ( Add 6$ for unbranded ) + kernelcare license

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

E3-1230 v2
    32GB ECC RAM
    120GB SSD
    10TB BW @ 1GBPS
    /29 block
    @ $30/mo [NL]

I bought this. This thread can be closed.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@BharatB said:

E3-1230 v2

32GB ECC RAM

120GB SSD

10TB BW @ 1GBPS

/29 block

@ $30/mo
    [NL]

Half the ram and two identical disks with HW Raid and I would grab it.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @MikHo said:

Oh is that all? What a joke. Half the RAM is worth $0. RAM is cheap as shit.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited December 2014

@ItsChrisG said:

Lol. Its time to close this thread. The fight is not gonna over soon.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@ItsChrisG said:

Why are you always such a dick about everything?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

MikHo said: Half the ram and two identical disks with HW Raid and I would grab it.

Downgrading from 32GB to 16GB RAM is about a $160 savings.

Adding a second 120GB SSD is roughly $80 for a consumer-grade SSD (MX100 or similar). Adding a decent hardware RAID card is probably around $450, plus another $250 for CacheVault if you want it. Add to that the extra monthly expense of the power consumption of the RAID card.

edited December 2014

@MikHo said:

It would cost you about 99$ or check my signature for that VPS Node and I'll give you 15$ discount on it, its Buffalo, NY.

• @BharatB said:

Hi, any US west coast choices?

Looking for hugh HDD low cost server to replace my kimsufi KS-3 (and upgrade spec btw).

@msg7086 said:

Currently no USA based E3's up @ this price but I'll be throwing the line up soon enough My next location will be Sweden with same pricing most probably.

• @BharatB said:

Not necessary to be an E3. Do you have other similar specs? Even i3/i5/i7 works for me.

Serving Asia so I'm asking for west coast.

@msg7086 said:

Not currently. Those locations are priced high LA / LAX I'll need to get into some sort of deal with QN or some others to do something about it.

• Check is out! Various offers/discount s floating around LET and LEB. Stock on all severs will be updated in the coming days.

https://www.frixelsolutions.com/secure/cart.php?gid=3

• frixelsolutions said:

Check is out! Various offers/discount s floating around LET and LEB. Stock on all severs will be updated in the coming days.

Pentium 4 o.O

Besides, everything but $60/mo.+ is out of stock. He clearly asked for <$20.

He already got what he wanted.

• BharatB said: He already got what he wanted.

I guess that makes it ok to advertise something unrelated.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @BharatB said:
    Try Delimiter that have quite the options or else this is my offer for $10 extra

E3-1230 v2

32GB ECC RAM

120GB SSD

10TB BW @ 1GBPS

/29 block

@ $30/mo
    [NL]

Sent me a PM plz... with a test IP if you have one.

@XIAOSpider97 said:
    Sent me a PM plz... with a test IP if you have one.

94.228.219.101 | Pricing changed.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@ItsChrisG said:

Oh the suppressed rage in that post, take it easy or you'll burst a vein or something.

@qps said:
    Adding a second 120GB SSD is roughly $80 for a consumer-grade SSD (MX100 or similar). Adding a decent hardware RAID card is probably around $450, plus another $250 for CacheVault if you want it. Add to that the extra monthly expense of the power consumption of the RAID card.

Wouldn't need to be SSD, just two identical drives to mirror.
    And a man can dream, can't he? :)
    Even if it's a slim chance, one day that "stupid" question is read by the right person.
    But I do thank you for taking the time to write an insightful answer, not like the person I quoted above. :p

@BharatB said:
    cost you about 99$ or check my signature for that VPS Node and I'll give you 15$ discount on it, its Buffalo, NY.

Sorry, not interested in US locations when it comes to dedicated today.
    Thanks for the offer.

• @BharatB said:
    This offer was on limited stock and is sold out !! further orders will be priced @ $60 /mo which include a whmcs branded internal ( Add 6$ for unbranded ) + kernelcare license

1GBps or 1Gbps?

@TriDoxiuM said:
    1GBps or 1Gbps?

Typo ? 1Gbps

This discussion has been closed.