Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Cheap VPS or Dedi, Under $6, That I can abuse the CPU @ 100% usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Cheap VPS or Dedi, Under $6, That I can abuse the CPU @ 100% usage

Anyone know of a provider that can provide this? I am dying to get one of the cheap dedicated servers from online dot net or kimsufi, but since those are all sold out, anyone know of another place with cheap dedicated machines or a VPS provider that will allow me to chew 100% CPU 24/7 ?

Comments

• Nope :)

• Can I have a nice E3 for $60 a year?

aka I doubt anyone'll let you do this

• Check with @drserver with his abusivecores brand: http://abusivecores.com

Might have to shoot an email.

Thanked by 1jeffreylroberts
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

catalystium said: Check with @drserver with his abusivecores brand: http://abusivecores.com

Beat me to it. That's $6.50 a month but short of a Kimsufi KS-1, that's probably your best bet.

• @catalystium said:
    Check with drserver with his abusivecores brand: http://abusivecores.com

Might have to shoot an email.

Word, I will do that =]

• Dedi under 6$ impossible cheapest one is 8$ provide by Digicube ..
    I take one from them after that I read they don't cancel your server until you send mail message to their address in France - . beside Digi ONE server not that good .
    for VPS theirs alot of provider on that budget bu I no think they will let you use 100% of single core for sure . most have 25% limit for one core !
    your better choice is Kimsufi when their KS-1 available .. or rise your budget and take KS-2a << it's available now .

• Vultr, Digital Ocean. On the first you got even multihomed and RAID ;) Both dont care. Vultr should be little bit better

• @inklight said:
    Dedi under 6$ impossible cheapest one is 8$ provide by Digicube ..
    I take one from them after that I read they don't cancel your server until you send mail message to their address in France - . beside Digi ONE server not that good .
    for VPS theirs alot of provider on that budget bu I no think they will let you use 100% of single core for sure . most have 25% limit for one core !
    your better choice is Kimsufi when their KS-1 available .. or rise your budget and take KS-2a << it's available now .

Or http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-kidechire once they restock.

• @inklight said:
    Dedi under 6$ impossible cheapest one is 8$ provide by Digicube ..

Thanks for the heads up on the KS-2a, its not that I can't afford it, its just that I really don't want to pay to much, this project will never make any money, and it's unlikely to even yield any results, its for fun, I really don't even want to pay $6 =]

• @sepei said:
    Vultr, Digital Ocean. On the first you got even multihomed and RAID ;) Both dont care. Vultr should be little bit better

Sent them both a contact request, asking if I am allowed to chew cpu =]

• I have a page monitor on for when that page gets updated, I am definitely staying tuned, Thats the IDEAL box that I am looking for

• @jeffreylroberts said:
    Sent them both a contact request, asking if I am allowed to chew cpu =]

That's confidential info with Vultr ;)

I've been running a gameserver on the $5 box though and it's been fine.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2014

Hello @jeffreylroberts I can give you a vm on my kimsufi dedi(I have two of the i3 dedi's)
    as long as you don't mind a natted ipv4 vm I am sure I can give you one for free....but please follow the kimsufi tos as I don't want to get kicked out of kimsufi for something I didn't do. please pm me for details(reason being I don't like giving server or vm details out in the open :) ) also I can give you a vm on my delimiter dedi with virtualizor panel but again would be natted ipv4 vm.

• you can just get a 2months free at runabove.com but cpu is only 1core but allow 100% usage

• I got idle Delimiter's Atom Dedi which is $5/month (I paid yearly). I can sell it to you. Please PM.

• Just ask your current VPS provider what CPU load they allow and then limit the process with cpulimit? :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2014

I wonder what's your task if you want to use 100% CPU, but don't care about the performance of said CPU (Nano - Atom - i5 - E3?), despite maybe order of magnitude difference in performance between some of your options.

• Digital Ocean

As long as it's not mining go ahead

• Go for a vultr instance, the cheapest is $5 and you can abuse the core as far as I'm aware

• @rm_ said:
    I wonder what's your task if you want to use 100% CPU, but don't care about the performance of said CPU (Nano - Atom - i5 - E3?), despite maybe order of magnitude difference in performance between some of your options.

Good call in terms of what the CPU is, I am setting up a Fuzzing expedition

• @timnboys said:
    Hello jeffreylroberts I can give you a vm on my kimsufi dedi(I have two of the i3 dedi's)
    as long as you don't mind a natted ipv4 vm.....

Woooord, I will message you shortly, I am on my way out of the house now for xmas presents =]

• @NewforVPS said:
    I got idle Delimiter's Atom Dedi which is $5/month (I paid yearly). I can sell it to you. Please PM.

I will message you when I get home =]

• If you don't mind about weak CPU, I have one http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-kidechire idle.

• @jeffreylroberts Wonder how well you'll chew E3s and E5s? On the other hand, I don't like the idea of someone going all out to abuse hardware resources......... maybe others will.

• Already did this with DigitalOcean and there were no problems...

• @nexusrain guess it's a point worthwhile to ponder, then :)

• @comXyz said:
    If you don't mind about weak CPU, I have one http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-kidechire idle.

I'd love to see how it performs, I will PM you when I get home =]

@century1stop said:
    jeffreylroberts Wonder how well you'll chew E3s and E5s? On the other hand, I don't like the idea of someone going all out to abuse hardware resources......... maybe others will.

No doubt I can chew them at a 100%, this fuzzer is on a whole new level =] ... As for abusing resources, I really dont consider it that, but it seems like most VPS providers do, when really, I see it as using the resources available, nothing more, I mean, would you rather have 10 machines relatively idle, or one machine cranking?

@nexusrain said:
    Already did this with DigitalOcean and there were no problems...

Fuzzing or chewing cores?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited December 2014

jeffreylroberts said: As for abusing resources, I really dont consider it that, but it seems like most VPS providers do,

Well yea, almost all vps providers will mind as such use will affect other clients, especially those that have lesser hardware resources and very over-sold. Perhaps if it's done w/o my knowledge, I'd somewhat close an eye but definitely not with it being a criteria.......even when the servers aren't over-sold with ample resources (8 to 12 vcores, etc.)