Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS "NOT SO" instant setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS "NOT SO" instant setup

Already a customer.
Signed up for one of their holiday specials, indicated INSTANT SETUP but it's been two days and still pending. Don't blame it on the customer. Don't blame it on because it is around the holidays- hence the reason for you having the special. If you don't have INSTANT SETUP then please do not advertise it. Yea, ticket opened.

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your toe.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I hope that's your last CVPS thread...

Thanked by 2netomx Cakey
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2014

Did you use a hostname with >3 chars? If not WHMCS or SolusVM (can't remember which) fails to set it up

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Hostname had more then 3 characters and I just selected CentOS 5 or 6 I think. Nothing out of the ordinary.

• If you think the setup time is bad, just wait until you start using the ColoCrossing network.

• Before we even feel sorry, why did you order from CVPS

• I already have 3 accounts with them and they all have been ok. Last year when I first got them I had DDOS attacks everyday. Finally was dropped on a new node and they stopped and service has been ok from then on. Even have a few forums running on them and they have been fine.

• Can someone elaborate the hatred towards ColoCrossing and CVPS? I can understand CVPS had issues a while ago, and these are lowend services here. I also have a complete managed VPS I pay much more for, and I do see the differences, which I would expect because of the price differences. Is ColoCrossing that bad?

• @opentoe said:
    Can someone elaborate the hatred towards ColoCrossing and CVPS? I can understand CVPS had issues a while ago, and these are lowend services here. I also have a complete managed VPS I pay much more for, and I do see the differences, which I would expect because of the price differences. Is ColoCrossing that bad?

Have you ever seen how many blacklists they're on for spam?

• CC network is fine for low budget things as long as you don't plan on doing any mailing with their IP's, not many issues and decent speed to west europe.

Don't judge the CC network based on your experience with cvps though, i'm sure they oversell it like hell on the lower plans...

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@linuxthefish said:
    CC network is fine for low budget things as long as you don't plan on doing any mailing with their IP's, not many issues and decent speed to west europe.

Don't judge the CC network based on your experience with cvps though, i'm sure they oversell it like hell on the lower plans...

True , I'm leasing a node for new year to sell VPS. SSD cached.

• I plugged my domain in several email blacklist site checklists and all of them came back with huge lists of all green check marks. So for the guy who said they're on every email blacklist list, make sure you get your information correct, right?

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • CC are an ok host they are sorting out the blacklists they have.

I was thinking about renting a node in buffalo myself.

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • @opentoe said:
    I plugged my domain in several email blacklist site checklists and all of them came back with huge lists of all green check marks. So for the guy who said they're on every email blacklist list, make sure you get your information correct, right?

Yeh @linuxthefish, ColoCrossing aren't shit at all and everybody knows it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2014

Late setup because of Christmas? or sometimes setup failed If you use special character in hostname or other failure issue.

• opentoe said: Can someone elaborate the hatred towards ColoCrossing and CVPS? I can understand CVPS had issues a while ago, and these are lowend services here. I also have a complete managed VPS I pay much more for, and I do see the differences, which I would expect because of the price differences. Is ColoCrossing that bad?

ColoCrossing is hated on LET and VPSB for it's accused of condoning spam operations, which IMHO isn't true, and my opinion is based upon how aggressively they handled spam reports I personally sent and when someone complained about a spamming IP from one of our blocks with them back in the day.

CVPS and GVH are, according to many reviews by multiple people, subpar as far as quality goes. They also happen to use ColoCrossing. Apparently, this makes ColoCrossing a bad provider to some.

ColoCrossing has a total of /14 in SpamHaus's Escalation Database. However, they have larger IP Blocks that are not.

linuxthefish said: CC network is fine for low budget things as long as you don't plan on doing any mailing with their IP's, not many issues and decent speed to west europe.

Agreed. While our setup with them is far from being "low-budget", they have a good network and their support is great.

linuxthefish said: Don't judge the CC network based on your experience with cvps though, i'm sure they oversell it like hell on the lower plans...

Exactly.

@ opentoe I'm sure they are hosting providers that use SoftLayer, Peer1 etc... and they aren't so great. Does that mean that SoftLayer or Peer1 are bad? Nope.

We use ColoCrossing in the U.S, and so does @DediServe. Neither of us have any issues :)

• @OP you're brave. Buying from CVPS is brave.

@c1bl said:
    OP you're brave. Buying from CVPS is brave.

LOL !

@DalekOfSkaro

I'll be using CC too , I'll write my own review after utilizing their services.

• BharatB said: I'll be using CC too , I'll write my own review after utilizing their services.

Oh, so you'll be reselling CC? Not a bad start :)

Offtopic: The font you use for your new website's logo is not easy on the eyes :)

I know I don't like it either , I'm trying to make one for christmas.

• DarwinDarwin Member
    edited December 2014

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    which IMHO isn't true, and my opinion is based upon how aggressively they handled spam reports I personally sent and when someone complained about a spamming IP from one of our blocks with them back in the day.

And they keep selling to know spammers or to """providers""" that blatantly spam and/or sell to spammers.

That lax way of doing business helped them to secure a lot of /xx the last couple of years., so no, they don't hate, neither try to block that kind of people from doing business with them, because spammers helped them to secure a great asset.

They don't give a shit about spam.

Before someone thinks that stunt is exclusive from CC, don't. Every single provider tried to milk Arin, almost all of them using unethical tactics.

I don't think 2 wrongs make a right, but current market standards are hell low...

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited December 2014

Everyone tried to get as many IPs as possible from arin. CC's only sin is that they have budget to get more than others. It's annoying to see people attacking them and abuse arin policies at the same time on the other front. Mind your own business, being two-faced isnt going to get you far.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro

Since when did this thread turn out to be an all-out-war against CC ? We were here to see the never ending CVPS issues not talk about CC .

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • This thread is getting derailed into becoming an anti-cc thread. Relax, people. Merry Christmas.

• After 2.5 days the account was finally setup, but now they are ignoring me about the $12 WHM/CPANEL I wanted to add to the account. All over their website the price is $12/month for their WHM addon. When I asked for them to add it it to my account, which they did it turned out to be $15/month and not what was advertised. If they want to charge $15/month that's perfectly fine with me, but if you advertise it to be $12 and then invoice me for another amount that's not going to jive. I responded once again that if I cannot get the $12 monthly fee for WHM then I would like to cancel the entire account and get a refund.

What the hell is going on with this WHM price rising up so fast on a daily basis? I remember every VPS provider had it for $10, now if you buy it out right from a dealer it's like $14.95/month. No wonder why a lot of users hold onto their accounts. I still have an account on CVPS that I pay $10/month for WHM, and that wasn't too long ago.

The problem is I like CVPS's packages, they are pretty cheap. If I look at other VPS providers that do offer much less expensive WHM accounts like $10-$12/month their VPS packages are much more expensive.

I picked the 3GB - 100GB - 1000GBIT port - $5/month if you pay yearly. Can't beat the price.

And I'm not being cheap. I have to watch my expenses and make sure I stay within a certain budget, so every dollar amount counts. So now I'm just waiting for Chris, from CVPS to respond to my ticket, since he was the one who setup the account. I'm sure they buy so many in bulk (since they over sell anyway) they get a great price on WHM licenses.

edited December 2014

@opentoe said:
    After 2.5 days the account was finally setup, but now they are ignoring me about the $12 WHM/CPANEL I wanted to add to the account. All over their website the price is $12/month for their WHM addon. When I asked for them to add it it to my account, which they did it turned out to be $15/month and not what was advertised. If they want to charge $15/month that's perfectly fine with me, but if you advertise it to be $12 and then invoice me for another amount that's not going to jive. I responded once again that if I cannot get the $12 monthly fee for WHM then I would like to cancel the entire account and get a refund.

What the hell is going on with this WHM price rising up so fast on a daily basis? I remember every VPS provider had it for $10, now if you buy it out right from a dealer it's like $14.95/month. No wonder why a lot of users hold onto their accounts. I still have an account on CVPS that I pay $10/month for WHM, and that wasn't too long ago.

The problem is I like CVPS's packages, they are pretty cheap. If I look at other VPS providers that do offer much less expensive WHM accounts like $10-$12/month their VPS packages are much more expensive.

I picked the 3GB - 100GB - 1000GBIT port - $5/month if you pay yearly. Can't beat the price.

And I'm not being cheap. I have to watch my expenses and make sure I stay within a certain budget, so every dollar amount counts. So now I'm just waiting for Chris, from CVPS to respond to my ticket, since he was the one who setup the account. I'm sure they buy so many in bulk (since they over sell anyway) they get a great price on WHM licenses.

Its true we cant beat that price but please expect low quality service from them , I'm being frank here they oversell their nodes to an extent that they're the reason their providers get a bad name and at the nick of moment if their drives fail or dont respond they give up on it and dont care about client's data. They act like those money swindling doctors who fake the patient's family saying he is alive we're trying to do all we can to save him ( he's actually dead ) and make the family pay the bills.

Most of the providers here dont provide such plans because its not realistic.

Finally if you're going with them , you're deliberately swimming in a swamp.

• opentoeopentoe Member
    edited December 2014

I don't understand. Been running a few forums on their cheapest VPS services for a couple of years now with no problems. Maybe I'l throw directadin on it and see if that helps. I just like WHM because everyone is automated and daily scripts run to keep things up to date. I'm tired of editing text files, hence like using WHM to manage the system.

@opentoe said:
    I don't understand. Been running a few forums on their cheapest VPS services for a couple of years now with no problems. Maybe I'l throw directadin on it and see if that helps. I just like WHM because everyone is automated and daily scripts run to keep things up to date. I'm tired of editing text files, hence like using WHM to manage the system.

Thats new , I see there are lucky sprouts here and there.