Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Network Issues (Australia) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Network Issues (Australia)

2»

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@kcaj said:
    What monitor are you currently using?

Uptime robot.

• trewq said: Uptime robot.

Unreliable.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Rhys_quadexRhys_quadex Member
    edited December 2014

Does vultr even have a SLA for uptime?, theres mention of there maybe or maybe not being one in the ToS but again, doesnt seem like vultr wants to be too transparent with things...

Just wondering because i'm looking too run to someone, maybe cougholivercough

on another note:
    These were the updates they gave us,

124/12/14-There is an event underway in our Sydney data center. We are currently working to identify and resolve all service-impacting issues.

2-The latency even has subsided. ((This was originally, "Services are now running" or something similar until being edited recently))

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • @Rhys_quadex said:
    Just wondering because i'm looking too run to someone, maybe cougholivercough

Well you won't be disappointed if you did run ;)

Thanked by 1Oliver

@ATHK said:
    Well you won't be disappointed if you did run ;)

I agree. I much prefer using RansomIT. It's where I have all my actual stuff in Australia. I just use Vultr for quick short term containers.

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I much prefer it if you use RansomIT as well but I may be biased.

Seriously though as someone who has a good idea of the transit costs in Australian cities it really doesn't surprise me to see this thread and the related ones where people have the same experiences on other forums. They must be pushing their link to the limit there...

FWIW I think the Equinix transit product is just a VOCUS/Telstra blend in Sydney. That is the cheapest way to get transit to your services if you colocate/hire a rack with them as Equinix will package up quite attractive deals for cross-connects if you use their transit services in Australian datacentres. I don't have any services with Vultr obviously but from what I've seen they are probably just using that for connectivity there now.

Thanked by 3Rhys_quadex trewq ATHK
  • I've almost finished writing up my inquiry on your site listing what we are looking for, look forward to your response.

• @Rhys_quadex the issue with Vultr is solved?

• I was still having Problems about an hour ago, they claimed too have solved it almost a day ago, and yet no ticket responses, and still persistent issues.

• Enquiry Sent, i forgot to mention i'd be looking for KVM on your most stable network :)

• @DaveA You don't support IDE HD anymore?

• I'm still having this issue. What's a good alternative to Vultr?

Thanked by 1Oliver
  • @nightowl said:
    I'm still having this issue. What's a good alternative to Vultr?

@Oliver from RansomIT knows what he's doing here in Aust. I suggest opening a ticket with your specs and budget.

Thanked by 1trewq

I am accepting vultr refugees. ;-)

Thanked by 1ATHK

@ATHK said:
    Oliver from RansomIT knows what he's doing here in Aust. I suggest opening a ticket with your specs and budget.

I too 100% recommend @Oliver.

Thanked by 2ATHK mikho
  • @Oliver said:
    I am accepting vultr refugees. ;-)

You've got yourself a fan base mate, time for a promo ;)

letfans20 perhaps?

Maybe within a few months. Working on something else just now...

Thanked by 3mikho ATHK 0xdragon
  • ivanhivanh Member
    edited January 2015

Anyone tried network presence yet? Send like another super cheap alternative

• @ivanh said:
    Anyone tried network presence yet? Send like another super cheap alternative

Network is terrible :( and oversold.

Thanked by 1ivanh