Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

about the 10 years max of domain renewal limit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

about the 10 years max of domain renewal limit

I have a domain, the expiry date is 2014-12-26, I have transfered it to crazydoamains today, so the expiry date changed to 2015-12-26 , then I continue renewed 9 years, now the question is, it seems will exceed 10 years, although only exceed 2 days, does it will success?

Renewal Period         9 Years          
    Status         Pending Renewal          
    Expiry Date         26 Dec 2015          
    Days Left         367

Comments

• I wonder how does the 10 years limit works, if judged by the years, exceed some days should have no issue, but if judged by days, that is 3650 days, it will cause some issue?

• Ask your registrar

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Ask your registrar

thanks, I asked 7 hours ago, but perhaps christmas, still got no response :(

• Ask a different one then :) Get someone from GoDaddy on livechat

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Ask a different one then :) Get someone from GoDaddy on livechat

I have just contacted NameCheap by Live Chat, sounds no lucky? :(

Unfortunately, it is not possible to renew your domain for more than 9 years right now.

However, you will be able to renew it for one more year after the 26th of December

• @hotsnow why not wait and renew on the 26th?

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @wych said:
    hotsnow why not wait and renew on the 26th?

now has promotion, worry about it will end at any time :(

perhaps I should renew 8 years first, then 1 more year after two days...

since it's still pending, so I'll ask crazydomains if they can help process it after two days, then it'll have no issue, lol

• @hotsnow said:
    I'll ask crazydomains if they can help process it after two days.

Worth a shot!

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • When I tried to do it with CrazyDomains it seems the renewal will go through but it will only renew up to the maximum time (i.e., you will get like 10 yrs from today and actually adding like 9 years and a bit)

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @zhuanyi said:
    When I tried to do it with CrazyDomains it seems the renewal will go through but it will only renew up to the maximum time (i.e., you will get like 10 yrs from today and actually adding like 9 years and a bit)

the domain's expiry date updated now, but it's only 8 years been added, the expiry date is 2015-12-26 before this 9 years renew order, but now it's changed to 2023-12-26, lost 1 year, I have contacted them again, and will update here.

• I think it should be judged by years.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • I don't know how it works with CrazyDomains, but some registrars will keep adding years when possible.

eg: You have 6 years on domain, then extended for 6. Registrar extends it for 4 (up to the 10-year max.) In a years time, they'll extend it for a year, and the same a year later, so you get those 6 years you paid for as 4+1+1.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @Detruire said:
    I don't know how it works with CrazyDomains, but some registrars will keep adding years when possible.

eg: You have 6 years on domain, then extended for 6. Registrar extends it for 4 (up to the 10-year max.) In a years time, they'll extend it for a year, and the same a year later, so you get those 6 years you paid for as 4+1+1.

yep, but I don't think crazydomains have this service, they just only add me 8 years, although I paid for 9 years :(

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2014

update:

I got a account credit refund of 1 year renewal amount yesterday from them, and re-renewed 1 year use this credit just now, lol