Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM about to sink to the bottom of the ocean? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM about to sink to the bottom of the ocean?

Comments

• Honestly the registration news is well rather old. Maybe you should spend more time reading the threads that are posted here @mpkossen and you wouldn't have to make random threads that have no added value as they have already been talked into the ground.

On a side note, if you honestly have concerns get in contact with Johnston, aka @bluevm or by IRC / email.

Thanked by 2netomx Dylan
  • @Jar Yep, not entirely sure what happened there..

@Ishaq still round?

• @krs360 said:
    Jar Yep, not entirely sure what happened there..

Ishaq still round?

Ishaq is no longer employed at bluevm from my understanding.

Thanked by 3netomx default Ishaq
  • I have 2 VPS with BlueVM. One being a 18/yr KVM (on node S16-NY) which is awesome. Currently has 100 day uptime. I use it for cross-compiling stuff for some projects and it's never let me down.

[root@buf2 ~]# uptime
     11:59:12 up 100 days, 15:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

The other one however is one of those Blue0.5 $7.50/yr OVZ servers that is absolute garbage. It's down more than up, but is constantly flip flopping. This is an observium graph of memory to give you an idea:

That's just today, it's like that all the time. I meant to let that one go back in October but paypal fired off an automatic payment before I could cancel it (go me!).

I hope they're able to get their act together I do like my KVM server.

• ashes to ashes, dust to dust

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@mpkossen said:

After doing a search online, I found that the LLC (BlueVM Communications LLC) is "Delinquent": http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityDetail.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&nameTyp=ENT&entityId2=20121292591&srchTyp=ENTITY&fileId=20121292591&masterFileId=20121292591. While I don't know all the details, something tells me this is not good.

Delinquent doesn't just happen overnight, it means a report is more than 6 months old and several warnings have been sent;

Reporting entities are given a six-month window in which a Periodic Report may be filed prior to becoming Delinquent. For example, if the Periodic Report Month is January, the report due date will be March 31st. If the Periodic Report is not filed on or before March 31st, the entity’s status will become Noncompliant, and a late report will be due by June 30th. If the Periodic Report is not filed on or before June 30, the entity’s status will be changed to Delinquent.

Overall IMO it's an indicator that what you're paying is not sufficient to maintain basic business operations / day to day costs (in this case accountant or book-keeping fees).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I've got a few servers with them (most of them paid annually -_-) which I have almost completely moved out of at this point due to the recent issues. I've still got an active reseller account with them (which I use to give webhosting to my less tech-savvy friends; no profit is made). Anyone have any recommendations for a good / cheap, reseller-friendly VPS or reseller service? I haven't been able to find one for any sort of a similar price.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

root@bluevm-kvm:~# uptime
    13:50:45 up 88 days, 13:16, 1 user, load average: 0.40, 0.39, 0.37

And I have another KVM with windows in buffallo, as well as an OVZ.
    LA was total crap for me but after being moved, I have no complains.

• @Mun: I tried to get in touch with him, like I stated, but that did not work. No responses whatsoever.

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited December 2014

It's almost like the LEB helpdesk... or the WHT helpdesk... :P

Doesn't cVPS own them? Maybe @jBiloh can shed some light on the situation (if cVPS doesn't own them and without revealing anything about the client...)?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • I guess BlueVM is going into this nice blue part of the pacific ocean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench

• @GoMutant said:
    I've got a few servers with them (most of them paid annually -_-) which I have almost completely moved out of at this point due to the recent issues. I've still got an active reseller account with them (which I use to give webhosting to my less tech-savvy friends; no profit is made). Anyone have any recommendations for a good / cheap, reseller-friendly VPS or reseller service? I haven't been able to find one for any sort of a similar price.

BuyShared from BuyVM?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited December 2014

dicks.

Still, those $7-8-9 a year plans, or whatever they were, lasted about a year for me, mostly without a hitch.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2014

I turned in my BlueVM VPS last July and gave the credit to another user, after it was down and up and mostly down and then up but dropping communications for two minute intervals several times an hour for a month.

My guess is that BlueVM is getting ready to post another offer on LowEndBox, complete with an introduction from someone named Maarten Kossen who says "reviews have been mainly positive." After all, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior! :-p

(Sorry Maarten, I could not resist the temptation!)

14 October 2014:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/bluevm-three-quarterly-offers-starting-at-2-55-for-256mb-in-6-us-locations/

Thanked by 2upfreak linuxthefish

emg said: Maarten

Busted :D He is Johnston.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • HAHA, awesome song. This song/video brings back a lot of memories for me too. Throw back Tuesday anyone?

Thanks for sharing!

• ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited December 2014

I'm amazed BlueVM has lasted as long as it has. I think what has kept them going is Feathur and the number of hosts that use it because of the SolusVM vulnerabilities (although I think SolusVM has cleaned up their act since OnApp acquired them). I know they're an unmanaged hosting provider but their support and uptime is horrible. They're definitely not for hosting production websites.

@MikHo said:

Is there still a rumor that "da ba de" (or whatever they say) is actually "I'm in need of a guy" or "I believe I'm a guy"?

• I had absolutely no problems with my VPS for about a year, but as of 2 days ago, my Chicago slot is dead. My expectations are low. Funny, though, that I got a renewal message within 12 hours of my ticket and no response yet! Not holding my breath for that one.

• smansman Member
    edited December 2014

Are these the same people that were saying they were making a SolusVM CP killer that was just like totally awesome and going to take over the world and all the whiners here were saying how they were like totally going to switch any day now or whatever. Or maybe it was a WHMCS killer. Maybe we should have a then and now thread bringing up some of these old posts for a laugh.

Their panel is working of sorts, it was to replace solusvm.
    But, I think the code is open, so, if someone wants to pick up, please add xen support to it :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • emgemg Veteran

@sman said:
    Are these the same people that were saying they were making a SolusVM CP killer that was just like totally awesome and going to take over the world and all the whiners here were saying how they were like totally going to switch any day now or whatever. Or maybe it was a WHMCS killer. Maybe we should have a then and now thread bringing up some of these old posts for a laugh.

BlueVM's control panel is called "Feathur". The Feathur control panel was good, and has the potential to become great (from an end-user perspective). It worked well for me and was easy to use.

Thanked by 1netomx

I did play with it, it is harder to setup than proxmox, for example and suffers from the same problem, no xen support :(
    Other than that, it was good indeed.

• @emg said:
    I turned in my BlueVM VPS last July and gave the credit to another user, after it was down and up and mostly down and then up but dropping communications for two minute intervals several times an hour for a month.

My guess is that BlueVM is getting ready to post another offer on LowEndBox, complete with an introduction from someone named Maarten Kossen who says "reviews have been mainly positive." After all, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior! :-p

(Sorry Maarten, I could not resist the temptation!)

14 October 2014:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/bluevm-three-quarterly-offers-starting-at-2-55-for-256mb-in-6-us-locations/

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Like our most avid readers, @DomainBop and @MannDude, you have caught my laziness. I used to copy-paste old content, especially when people didn't spend much time on their ticket and didn't include all required information. I've started rejecting those tickets and write everything from scratch now, so this should not happen again.

Other than that, I hardly believe it would be sensible listing BlueVM right now. Especially now rumors are kicking in they are going to be "absorbed".

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited December 2014

Hi Maarten - I was only joking about another listing. Everyone knew that the descriptions didn't match reality, especially on the most recent offer, and they piled on with comments quickly to express their less complimentary points of view.

I hope that they are "absorbed" by someone who appreciates the potential of Feathur.

Thanked by 2mpkossen netomx
  • mpkossen said: Especially now rumors are kicking in they are going to be "absorbed".

I don't think you should be swayed by rumours, anyone can start or promote one :)

I heard that RamNode are about to close a deal (in the new year) for the acquisition of BlueVM.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

< sarcasm >
    I heard that colocrossing will be taking ownership of catalysthost, ramnode, and buyvm next week!
    < /sarcasm >

• @sleddog said:

I only noted is because I got it from someone close to the source. It's not scuttlebutt, but an actual rumour based on something :-)

Thanked by 1nullnull
  • shovenose said: /sarcasm

You forgot to open you sarcasm tag.

• mpkossen said: It's not scuttlebutt, but an actual rumour based on something :-)

Interesting distinction :)

• @shovenose said:
    < sarcasm >
    I heard that colocrossing will be taking ownership of catalysthost, ramnode, and buyvm next week!
    < /sarcasm >

I heard you ran a crappy hosting company that is now defunct.

I also heard you also used let and vpsboard as your helpdesk because you are incapable of doing it yourself.