Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to buy a grandfathered No-IP account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to buy a grandfathered No-IP account

Does anyone have a grandfathered No-IP free account that they'd be willing to sell?

Or is there a better place to look around for one?

Thanks!

Comments

• An account with grandchildren :0

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

http://freedns.afraid.org Using for 10 years.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • The benefit of the No-IP accounts (a friend has one) is that you can create a separate sub account for each client and DNS entry, so I can have their router/device just have access to that hostname and sub account, instead of the whole account.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited December 2014
  • I use DNS with OVH. You have to transfer at least one domain to them.

Thanked by 1zafouhar

isaacl said: The benefit of the No-IP accounts (a friend has one) is that you can create a separate sub account for each client and DNS entry

Nothing stops you from creating an account for every setup and customer you have using their data.

• I've had one for years and never knew it had that feature!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Ree - Wanna sell it? ;)

• @isaacl sorry, need it for testing my dyndns client

• i have a no-ip account an old one pm me if you want it

• Sent, thanks!

• Still looking...

• @Maounique said:

Ugh those guys deleted my account for no reason. Everything I had got f***ed.

• @Maounique said:

I've also been with afraid.org for at least that long and I'm finally getting tired of spammers constantly trying to register subdomains off my names.

I moved most domains to dns.he.net but am still waffling over using a bunch of idle vps I have to make my own...

• When I started needing DynDNS, "DynDNS" (now "Dyn") seemed like the most popular choice. When they decided to start lying to their customers and ultimately abandoned them, I switched to No-IP, then for some reason to some no-name provider. They ended up being awfully unreliable, so I spent an afternoon setting up my own dynamic DNS service and have been happy ever since. :)

• emgemg Veteran

I used a free DynDNS account for many years. At first they changed to "you must check-in every 30 days" and then deleted the free accounts altogether. So I switched to no-ip briefly, but they were also "check in every 30 days" and started sending me a lot of spam, so I switched to freedns.afraid.org.

I have been using freedns.afraid.org for almost a year with no issues. I am using one of their domains (xxxxxxxxx.mooo.com), in case it matters.

• @emg said:
    I used a free DynDNS account for many years. At first they changed to "you must check-in every 30 days" and then deleted the free accounts altogether. So I switched to no-ip briefly, but they were also "check in every 30 days" and started sending me a lot of spam, so I switched to freedns.afraid.org.

I have been using freedns.afraid.org for almost a year with no issues. I am using one of their domains (xxxxxxxxx.mooo.com), in case it matters.

Yeah, afraid.org is great. Once the .us.to subdomain was down, even for a few days as far as I can remember.

the mooo.com one also when was seized by tthe long arm of the law because someone was doing something illegal on a subdomain. Nobody is immune from that, Microsoft also pulled a stunt like that invoking malware instead of cleaning up their OS.
    So, better use your own domain.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Do you mean groups? I have no idea about users. An old account of mine has groups but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

• Is that a free account?

And any idea how many hostnames are you limited to?

• And yes, I believe they're called groups.

• How to know you have grandfathered account?