Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use OwnCloud? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use OwnCloud?

2»

Comments

• Brandon said: So you'll have to wait for the file to save and upload before you can save again?

Yes, unfortunately, software is locking the file. This is a known (something like a) bug and many people in their forums are suggesting improvement to this area.

• @isaacl said:
    Is anyone using Seafile? Curious how it compares to OwnCloud.

Not many are using but, many reviews state it's faster and better when handling tens of thousands of files.

• Bit random but would anyone be interested in a small owncloud solution with a VPS?

• tragic said: Bit random but would anyone be interested in a small owncloud solution with a VPS?

Depends on the pricing.

• I have Enterprise NetApp with Owncloud available very cheaply. :)

• Oldish thread, but I've been using owncloud to sync school junk between my desktop and my laptop for a while now. So far it's worked fine, but it does have it's quirks.

• @Nomad said:
    Not many are using but, many reviews state it's faster and better when handling tens of thousands of files.

Do you have any facts or sources to back up that statement?

• Hmm, I wasn't prepared for the question and right now I couldn't find the reviews that made me write the above statement but this: http://blog.patshead.com/2014/09/self-hosted-cloud-storage-comparison-2014-edition.html

• The funny thing: I ditched SeaFile because it didn't handle large amounts of files as good as OwnCloud...

• I have about 7.5tb of data I serve through owncloud. It works great. I use my own cdn as a proxy pretty much in front of it to have traffic tunneled fast for downloads.

I run owncloud on litespeed. Runs fast and smooth on leb systems. Don't use openlitespeed with large files, it will fail at 99%. Flaw they are aware of.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited January 2015

isaacl said: Is anyone using Seafile? Curious how it compares to OwnCloud.

Yes - I use to keep my 3 laptops and tablet in sync while backing stuff up, it works great on online.net raid 1 server and no issues so far.

I'm not a big fan of their login system thingy with non SSL, so I use over a VPN!