Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Centos with Softether, connects but no internet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centos with Softether, connects but no internet

calimansicalimansi Member
edited December 2014 in Help

Hi,

I have a Christmas issue for all of you...

I'm trying to setup a vpn connection to my vps. I've done it before, but I can't get no internet. I read and followed several tutorials on the internet. Basically, I can connect to softether and get an IP address. I have internet for a few SECONDS then nothing! I'm thinking it's an iptables issue. Here's my iptables commands that I run:

iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 8443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i tun+ -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i tun+ -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i tap+ -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i tap+ -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i tun+ -o venet0:0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i venet0:0 -o tun+ -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i tap+ -o venet0:0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i venet0:0 -o tap+ -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.250.0/24 -o venet0:0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.250.0/24 -j SNAT --to-source VPS.IP.HERE

I know that the MASQUERADE option isn't supposed to work, but I got it in there anyway to eliminate that possibility.

Is there anything else I can check?

Thank you!

Comments

• Figured it out, and this was a tough one.

It was related to the MTU settings. A few months ago I was playing with the MTU sizes on my router and never changed it back. Once I set it back to the default size, everything works now.

Merry Christmas everyone.