Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OVH (BHS) use Internet Provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OVH (BHS) use Internet Provider?

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited December 2014 in Help

I'm wondering about Network on OVH. Someone can give me. I can't found it. I see Telia on homepage but i check MTR don't see Telia network.

Comments

• BGP.he.net

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited December 2014

@Gunter not sure. because i connect to server on BHS slow.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

They use many provider in Canada, more than 50. They have peering with many ISP and Upstream provider. What is your problem exactly ?

edited December 2014

@davidgestiondbi i connect to server on BHS are slow, which server on ioflood are very fast. not lost connect like as OVH BHS. As i see, OVH BHS not use provider as they show.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited December 2014

Can't see any major problems when performing a MTR on my BHS Server, I got the most loss from "any2ix.coresite.com" and that was only 20% from LA then did it via NL which one of OVH's routers gave 30% but it's not any slower than usual.

• @HyperSpeed how can i make my network connect to server OVH BHS are faster? or change OVH router / ISP? i not sure about it

@jazz1611 Maybe a problem from the peering to your home. I have multiple server in BHS 1-2 and everything is working fine right now, however, I'm near the datacenter...

You should contact them with MTR from both side:

Server --> Home and Home --> Server

So they will be able to investigate the peering problem maybe.

edited December 2014

@davidgestiondbi Server --> Home:
    Home --> Server:

They have investigated and tell me it is normal and "you will need to contact your ISP to optimize your route." LOL

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited December 2014

@Jaz1611 it seems when your connection to BHS reaches Korea the traceroute increases to 2 seconds, increasing as it gets to your home which I presume is Vietnam from your IP resolve? I can't tell what peers are being used from the traceroute without looking although you're going quite a distance where the internet isn't the best so that might be part of the problem. Has it always been like this? In fact on the MTR from Home -> Server it seems like it's taking you via Europe 'RBX' - France through a few other countries before reaching Canada where the traceroute from server to home seems to be doing the opposite direction.

edited December 2014

@HyperSpeed Yes, it always like that. seem OVH not change anything. So now I'm going to solve it how?

Unfortunately, OVH doesn't seem to have direct peering in your region, so yes, it's will be your local ISP or their provider to optimize the routing. Their is nothing OVH can do for that.

However, maybe you can use a VPN to near location that have local peering with OVH ?

• @davidgestiondbi but im provider VPS, many client will use it?

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@jazz1611 contact your home ISP to try and resolve it.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi

If I refer to a consulting job I have inside a local ISP, they negociate peering with some POP around the world, and if not, the router will find the nearest router who have access to the rest of the route to your OVH BHS server. Unfortunately, you can't do anything for that on your side.

Example: In Quebec, OVH was having peering with Videotron ISP (Ping drop from 35ms to 4-10ms) and not with Bell Aliant (average ping: 40ms). Bell customers make many request to their ISP and for now 2-3 day, they build a peering with OVH. But it's not at OVH to ask the local ISP to peer with them, since they don't have servers hosted there.

1. In some of your screenshots your traffic is being routed via their DDoS filtering system which may cause packet loss.

2. Their routers don't always respond to ICMP, this will show up in an MTR.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Your second hop, straight out of your router, has a ping that reaches as high as 3600+ ms. Your Internet latency in general is too high. You need to consult with your ISP first and foremost, and then continue when that has been resolved.