Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FraudRecord marketing to users?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FraudRecord marketing to users?

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited December 2014 in Providers

Just got this email from FraudRecord:

You are receiving the message below from one of our sponsors.

Limestone Networks, Inc.

It's the time of year for giving and we have an exceptional gift for you that
is certain to propel your business for years to come. 

LSN Reseller Revolution 2015

Scream into 2015 with up to 40% OFF total package discounts on dedicated
hosting from Limestone Networks. Start with as few as three servers! Includes
opportunity to acquire free gigabit and bandwidth pooling.

Leverage our superior services and solid infrastructure to offer your
customers a hosting solution that's hard to match for a price that's hard to
beat.

Learn more about this unique opportunity!

Get Started >

Thank you for choosing Limestone Networks as your cloud and dedicatedhosting
provider. We're the trusted foundation for premium IaaS.

Sincerely,

LSN Marketing 
    Limestone Networks, Inc.
    Simple. Solid. Superior.

You are receiving this message because you have subscribed to FraudRecord
services. To change your email preferences, visit your FraudRecord control
panel.

Seems like they started marketing to users; you can supposedly disable it from panel though (although currently I can't check since their website seems to not be responding).

Header:

Received: from fraudrecord.com (chicago.storagenic.net [96.30.40.236]) by
 mxa.mailgun.org with ESMTP id 5491c2b3.7f90d0e45ab0-in7; Wed, 17 Dec 2014
 17:51:47 -0000 (UTC)

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2014

I guess it's a case of live with it, or allow bad clients. A paid option without ads for FraudRecord would be nice though.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/36573/fraudrecord-advertising/p1

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I recived the same email. Its free service that i love so the email marketing right now is not problem to me.

• I don't see any harm in it

• No problem with it as long it free :)

• Shit costs money in the real world.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • For sure. If you aren't parting money for a product, you are the product.

• Got the email as well. Don't have a problem with it considering how much time they've saved us blocking fraud/spam orders.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2014

As much as I don't like FR from a number of viewpoints it's still free, you want to use the service to make you money but also want to bitch that you are getting an email ad that's easy to ignore and delete.

Providing it's done in the right way, unsubscribe button etc then just deal with it. Not sure I would want to associate LSN with the service though, they are pretty scummy when it comes to unsolicited marketing and have caused a few issues in the past with the bullying tactics.

• I do not like email marketing at all ... but FR is free so I can live with that and unsubscribe button can be attached by deleting your account or switching to paied

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

This is good for FraudRecord and I hope they will get more sponsors, advertisements because of they provide their service at free of cost.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    1. you can change it on their site if you do not want any advertisements sent to you
    2. you can even remove the advert banner in WHMCS from the FR module if it really irritates you :-)

In my opinion, I do not mind the marketing emails to be a few per year, but meh - once they get out of control I would probably turn it off.

FR has saved the day many, many times.