Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting.co Down and Not Responding to Tickets?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting.co Down and Not Responding to Tickets?

I have an account at GoodHosting.co and I notice a few things are happening right now:

• I can't log in to GoodHosting's OpenNebula - It started with saying my username/password is incorrect, then went to just going back to the login page with every login, and now just gives a "500 - Internal Server Error"
  • I have sent tickets to GoodHosting's support, but they haven't responded. Looking at various forums (not LowEndTalk), they were last active on December 6th.
  • They also list a phone number, and I tried to call them, but one of their numbers was actually invalid and not assigned, and the other one was "unavaliable".

Does the LowEndBox community have any suggestions? Keep in mind that my VPS account is in Chicago and uses Steadfast's datacenter.

Comments

• said: Does the LowEndBox community have any suggestions?

Switch providers.

• @daemon97 said:
    * I can't log in to GoodHosting's OpenNebula - It started with saying my username/password is incorrect, then went to just going back to the login page with every login, and now just gives a "500 - Internal Server Error"

Yes, our Lighttpd forward proxy for OpenNebula SunStone in our Chicago location had crashed. Lighttpd exists to provide SSL termination and public access to SunStone, and it had crashed due to the number of open file descriptors (and therein open connections) it was handling. These limits have each been bumped up now.

• I have sent tickets to GoodHosting's support, but they haven't responded. Looking at various forums (not LowEndTalk), they were last active on December 6th.

We actually posted on LowEndTalk this morning, so I'm not sure where the 6th figure comes from.

• They also list a phone number, and I tried to call them, but one of their numbers was actually invalid and not assigned, and the other one was "unavaliable".

The phone number should be: +1 (912) 330-4222 , while we did have a 1-800 number for some time; this number was discontinued in favour of our US number, as there were very few people who phoned us.

I replied to your ticket with the same information found above.

• Judging by another thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/822495/ , there seem to be no or slow responses from goodhosting.co, although someone is said to be "there".

• @4n0nx said:
    Judging by another thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/822495/ , there seem to be no or slow responses from goodhosting.co, although someone is said to be "there".

Look directly above your post...

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    Look directly above your post...

I did, but what happened to OP's (and other thread OP's) tickets?

• @4n0nx said:

Some tickets were created well within 6 hours, and threads on LET were created much before the issue was given ample time to be handled. However, the other thread was a different issue in question; and was settled differently.

Please refer to this post as well:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/822887/#Comment_822887

The issue is that many people won't post when we fix the issue in question, only when there is an issue; or when they are PANICKed and want a response on a ticket that has yet to been open long enough to warrant it.

The issue to this OP has been solved, and OP can confirm this.

• Hello @GoodHosting

Is not your Skype working?

• @DragonDF said:
    Hello GoodHosting

Is not your Skype working?

The Skype name is " GoodHosting " , shows as " Albino Geek Services Ltd. - Sales "

• @GoodHosting obviously you have time to answer here on forum to other people but don't have time to answer my ticket which is unanswered for the last 40+ hours. As my issue is not resolved for over 9 days now I'm requesting a refund.

• @GoodHosting said:
    The Skype name is " GoodHosting " , shows as " Albino Geek Services Ltd. - Sales "

Yes, I know. I sent you a few messages since December 7th but I do not know the reason I have not received any reply. You are ONLINE but there is not any reply.

Please take a look. Tks!

• Since it seems that this may be the source of confusion:

Please note that as these are manual deployments, they can take up to 72 hours to be provisioned. You MUST keep the ticket 'Service Provisioned" open, as this is the only indication to our staff that your service still requires provisioning. This is also the only record of your service information. Failure to do so may result in later deployments.

If the ticket is closed, it is very hard for us to track your deployment. I just went through and pushed through all deployments that were older than 24 hours. If your ticket has still not been attended to, make sure that it is not CLOSED.

• @GoodHosting people seem like to have hard time getting in touch with you but you have not explained why.

• @namhuy said:
    GoodHosting people seem like to have hard time getting in touch with you but you have not explained why.

I'm not sure why myself, they can contact me via Phone, Skype, E-Mail, or Support Ticket in that order of fastest response time to slowest response time (just due to the volume of people using each method in that order.)

• DragonDF said: @GoodHosting said: The Skype name is " GoodHosting " , shows as " Albino Geek Services Ltd. - Sales "

Yes, I know. I sent you a few messages since December 7th but I do not know the reason I have not received any reply. You are ONLINE but there is not any reply.
    Please take a look. Tks!

• @namhuy said:

Yup, and I'm currently speaking with @DragonDF right now. What he was requesting had nothing to do with this topic (as he can confirm himself, if he would like to.)

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • Friendly advice - you must optimize your business system. Thats inefficient and make your customers unhappy for almost no reason. For a start simple change of ticket title from Service Provisioned to Service Provision in Progress that will reduce misunderstanding and make auto closing period longer

• @GoodHosting said:
    Yup, and I'm currently speaking with DragonDF right now. What he was requesting had nothing to do with this topic (as he can confirm himself, if he would like to.)

Yes, there is no relation with this thread. I knew about GoodHosting in another forum and added it/him to my skype profile.
    So, I am not his client (at least not yet). Just asked to him to take a look in the Skype and he replied me there.
    As they use KVM, the price to use Windows is cheap.

Sorry for any mistake.