Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get kimsufi KS1 ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do I get kimsufi KS1 ?

2»

Comments

• r0xzr0xz Member

Grave digger

Thanked by 4Falzo WSS lazyt tmwc
  • dosaidosai Member

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:
    Is there a way to skip paying for the setup fee?

No.

But is it one time payment for that server and we are never asked any other charges yes?

The setup fee is one time, yes. You still have to pay for the monthly server charges.

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:

No.

But is it one time payment for that server and we are never asked any other charges yes?

The setup fee is one time, yes. You still have to pay for the monthly server charges.

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:

@Dextronox said:

@dosai said:

No.

Thanks!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

dosai said: Is there a way to skip paying for the setup fee?

There is, but I'll need your PayPal email and password or your full credit card details and a high resolution scan of your passport.

• use kimsufi crawler (worked for me, but don't silent email notification)

https://github.com/MA3STR0/kimsufi-crawler

• Go for the KS-2E which is on flash sale right now (8 euro/month+10 setup, like a KS1 but with 2TB disk). kimsufi.com/en

• bapbap Member

How do I get kimsufi KS1 ?

Go to kimsufi official site and prepare your money... Then, all you have to do is patience... patience... patience... and more patience.... add more, huge amount of patience.... and then patience... And thats! youll get another cheap dedi elsewhere.. :)

• ReaperSoonReaperSoon Member
    edited August 2019

Try https://kimsufi-notifier.com ;) it can send you an email or a sms. It works fine, you receive a notification the first 15 seconds at the availability. You just have to be very reactive ;) a ks1 was released today for exemple

Thanked by 1PremiumFast_Net
  • KS-1 available now, it's showing available for the last 4hrs.

• @dosai said:

Yes :)

1. Order KS1
    2. Ask for a refund (you get back your 10€ (setup) + 4€ (1month) = 14€)
    3. You cancel the refund (you pay one month fee = 4€)
      You earn 10€ (setup)
    Thanked by 1dosai
  • They move fast don't they? What is the appeal of the KS-1 that they are in such high demand?

• @MPG said:
    They move fast don't they? What is the appeal of the KS-1 that they are in such high demand?

Kimsufi is your own Dedicated server, not a VPS, not shared disk/network with any noisy neighbors, etc. At 4 Euros/month it is just amazing. I used to use to seed Linux ISOs files so Ubuntu can save money on bandwidth, and (Kimsufi has) 100/100 Mbps dedicated connection so I can seed long term without worrying about Bandwidth limits.

Linus/Ubuntu has so many new flavors//different versions, now a days so 500GB ran out for me, so I bought KS-3 model during flash sale for 6 Euro/month.

I setup RSS feed on my Server to auto download all new ISOs and seed them

https://distrowatch.com/news/torrents.xml

https://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=bittorrent

• I dont get the appeal of a KS-1. If you want storage you could just get a SYS arm server.

• That seems like another server that is never on the available list. SyS are they that much. Better than kimsufi for the price increase. Also the setup fees appear to be quite an expense.

• Not that I want stuff for free. But$24 setup fee sounds excessive.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@bugis said:
    It's been almost 2 months I have always been to http://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/index.xml

My day is almost open the web 5 times, but never get KS1 available.

• I've been using http://kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk/ but never got it

• I use the direct link kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=142sk1&dedicatedQuantity=1 also unsuccessful.

please help.....

Thanks

Wait or search for other providers with similar specs..

It's not a "Philosopher's Stone" that you can't leave without it and will make you the second Bill Gates..

But if you urgently need a low price servers in france then go with "digicube.fr"

• AlexJones said: you could just get a SYS arm server.

Those are long discontinued. But a ks1 has limited enough disk space that the the ks3 (same server with 2tb hdd) seems much more attractive. I had one for a while, then upgraded to a ks4 (2x 2tb) on flash sale which I still have.

If you just want a super cheap dedi and don't mind a remote disk, the scaleway c1 is plentiful (3 euro/m with 50gb remote ssd and 1x ipv4). You can drop tie ipv4 and have it for 2 euro/m, and if you order through the API you can supposedly customize the ssd size (50gb is 1 euro, so if you shrink it down to say 5gb and drop the ipv4, you end up with a very small dedi for 1.10 eur/m). The c1 is a 4-core ARM server about like a raspberry pi 2, with 2gb of ram. I have had one for a few years and it is sort of cute, but I never did anything interesting with it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2019

willie said: the scaleway c1 is plentiful (3 euro/m with 50gb remote ssd and 1x ipv4). You can drop tie ipv4 and have it for 2 euro/m

The C1 doesn't support IPv6, so that's not really an option with that one, unless you have other VPSes or servers at Scaleway to act as jump boxes or proxies for it.

willie said: you can supposedly customize the ssd size (50gb is 1 euro, so if you shrink it down to say 5gb

I believe their SSD volumes come in fixed sizes, and the lowest they have is 25 GB. Also the OS install images have fixed requirements for volume size they will install on, and none of the ARM ones for C1 will have 25 GB in mind.

• rm_ said: I believe their SSD volumes come in fixed sizes, and the lowest they have is 25 GB.

Oh I didn't realize that about v6, but putting it behind a jump box (if you have other stuff in Scaleway) is a good idea anyway, if you're using the dedi for security. I was told (didn't try it) was that the fixed volume sizes were implemented by the web UI, but if you use the API you can choose nonstandard sizes.

• I wanted one, but they kept saying my phone number was invalid.. gay.

• bugis said: How do I get kimsufi KS1 ?

How do you get a playboy supermodel to be the mother of your children?
    Not that you can't, but you practically can't.
    They're just marketing of unrealistic standards, not a regular offer.
    The KS1 offer is of minimal monetary gain for OVH, but the advertisement value is through the roof.
    ...maybe if you feed her sausages, also all sorts of meat and green cabbage sauerkraut including various kinds of chocolate nuts, berries and boiled eggs every day, not only potatoes, more on the bread, butter, sweet honeys and give her small soft furry animals...
    Soon she'll become a massive seductive child making machine - factory, instead of poor, barely existing birdlike, skinny being.
    Anyhow, my point was...
    ...we need more wood, for winter times.
    Good luck!

I think somebody had an automatic script for availability notification, long time ago, but don't quote me on this...
    If there isn't, there should be one.
    Nah, meh, still shall be the same, more or less.

• @Janevski said:

bugis said: How do I get kimsufi KS1 ?

Compare these crap servers to playboy supermodels, well,

• @Shot2 said:

@Janevski said:

bugis said: How do I get kimsufi KS1 ?

Compare these crap servers to playboy supermodels, well,

I had to.