Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

32MB/48MB VPSes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

32MB/48MB VPSes?

GunterGunter Member
edited July 2012 in General

I'm noticing a distinct lack of VPSes with 32MB/48MB RAM. I keep trying to find offers, but I can either A. Find 128MB VPSes with much better prices, reputation and service or B. They don't offer it anymore.

Does anyone know of any VPSes that are around $5-$7/yr. Personally, I don't really care about the processor, but I have a minimum of a 1.2Ghz V-CPU, and a minimum of 100mbit and 50GB Brandwidth.

Anybody know if these noble providers exist?
I doubt it considering the cost of IP addresses, SolusVM, Medical expenses related to CJ Fam/Rebecca Black, Commercial Killbots, Over demanding Datacenters e.g.

I don't really care about customer support unless it directly relates to their service being out. Meh, I'm even fine with service par to 123Systems. They are intended to mostly be boxes to run OpenVPN, so they need to have TUN/TAP enabled. As well, I'm going to try and experiment and do things like try and complete challenges such a the Lowendwiki challenge.

EDIT: YAY Thank you HalfEatenPie

I really wish it would come with a fair bit more Brandwidth, but at my goal, 20GB is a modest amount.

Anyone else have any other offers? Maybe a amazing VPS provider would step up and give us a 32MB VPS offer? ;)

IPXcore Offer: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3384/ipxcore-32mb-openvz-vps-for-50-cents-per-month/p1

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

IPXCore. 32mb Ram VPS.

Edit: Here

Although the bandwidth was updated to 100GB or something (I don't remember). So... yeah its better.

Personally, I consider them a good provider.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

+1 on IPXCore.

Try also Secure Dragon. Those are the only two I know

• GunterGunter Member
    edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: IPXCore. 32mb Ram VPS.

TinyVPS
    $1.79 USD Monthly
    128MB/160MB RAM
    5GB DISK SPACE
    50GB BANDWIDTH
    1 IP ADDRESS

21.48/yr

Double my $5-$7 goal.

Do they offer custom plans or something? That's the cheapest, smallest plan I could find on their website.

edited July 2012

@darknyan: don't go on their main website. Look here.

Or copy and paste directly from their offer...

32mbVPS:
    32mb RAM
    32mb vSwap (Burst RAM available on request)
    2gb disk space
    100gb monthly transfer
    4 CPU cores

$1.50 per quarter

Test IP: 198.144.190.10

Its 6 dollars for a year. Right in the middle of your budget.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • DamianDamian Member

Test IP is now 198.144.190.10, btw

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@darknyan said: Double my $5-$7 goal.

If a provider is renting IP's from their datacenter, you are wanting to pay 1/2 of what most will need to pay for the IP. If the provider has their own IP space, the aggravation factor of more space is so high, $6/yr for a VPS is not worth the aggravation factor.

I think these tiny VPS will become more popular once IPv6 is more viable and the need of IPv4 becomes irreverent. So give it another decade ;)

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • Test IP updated.

Thanks @Damian.

@miTgiB: yeah, especially when some providers charge $1 per IP :( those 50 cent per month deals won't happen.

• @miTgiB said: I think these tiny VPS will become more popular once IPv6 is more viable and the need of IPv4 becomes irreverent. So give it another decade ;)

This.

• GunterGunter Member

Do they offer Custom plans or something?

@HalfEatenPie said: @darknyan: don't go on their main website. Look here.

Or copy and paste directly from their offer...

32mbVPS:
    32mb RAM
    32mb vSwap (Burst RAM available on request)
    2gb disk space
    100gb monthly transfer
    4 CPU cores

$1.50 per quarter

Test IP: 68.171.100.2

Its 6 dollars for a year. Right in the middle of your budget.

Hey, you're right :)
    But it was posted in June, about a month ago [or year and a month ago]. Does it still work?

• @miTgiB said: So give it another decade ;)

If I give it another decade then I'll be.... 10 years older :o

edited July 2012

@darknyan yup its still in effect. Just look into the signup link. And I'm sure they offer custom plans if you asked them really nice and talked to them.

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • GunterGunter Member

@HalfEatenPie said: @darknyan yup its still in effect. Just look into the signup link. And I'm sure they offer custom plans if you asked them really nice and talked to them.

You are plain awesome.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@HalfEatenPie said: If I give it another decade then I'll be.... 10 years older

Funny how that works.

• flyfly Member

i'd highly suggest ipxcore. their shiz is gud. I'm not so sure about if you would like SecureDragon simply because they're a bit more money, and I haven't used their services personally.

• @miTgiB said: Funny how that works.

Its like... magic!

• GunterGunter Member

If a provider is renting IP's from their datacenter, you are wanting to pay 1/2 of what most will need to pay for the IP. If the provider has their own IP space, the aggravation factor of more space is so high, $6/yr for a VPS is not worth the aggravation factor.

I think these tiny VPS will become more popular once IPv6 is more viable and the need of IPv4 becomes irreverent. So give it another decade ;)

I completely agree.
    IPv6 will also eliminate the encryption part of VPNs.
    Then VPNs will only be for sharing data and hiding IP addresses.

• @fly said: SecureDragon simply because they're a bit more money

My dev node is with SecureDragon. I like em and they've been pretty good with uptime wise. Although I do agree, they are on the pricier side.

• BassHostBassHost Member
    edited July 2012

are around $5-$7/yr

Will not happen. Ipv4 costs 50 cents a month.

edited July 2012

@BassHost: where are you getting your IPs? I could use IPs that cheap for my nodes too haha, or could use their services ;).

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@BassHost said: Ipv4 costs 50 cents 7c - $2+ a month.

FTFY

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Might be possible with /20 allocations.. Still the profit margin will be really low.

edited July 2012

@miTgiB: where the hell is everyone getting these cheap IPs. Is it because they purchase in bulk? Have their own space? Bribe @William with flowers and chocolate to get it? Where can I get in on this deal?

• @Zen: welp. I guess the cheapest IP range is out of my league until I can finally get colocation set up.

• @darknyan: Welp, @Damian just posted another deal for $1.75 per month for 256mb here. If you can afford it I suggest you get that, its quite a deal and would definitely work for you (without having to worry about minimalistic approach to an extent).

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@HalfEatenPie said: Bribe @William with flowers and chocolate to get it?

I think you'll have more success bribing @William with guns and ammo

Cheapest IP's are from ARIN for north americans, https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html

• @miTgiB said: I think you'll have more success bribing @William with guns and ammo

I remember @William telling me he'll throw a picnic for LET if he can bring his shotgun.

Obviously that idea was shot down (hehe, shot)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

Nvm.

• @miTgiB said: I think you'll have more success bribing @William with guns and ammo

Yea. Transferable .50cal M2 (NFA) gets you a /24 4 life!

:p

• earlearl Member

I saw some Dedi provider on WHT charging $5 per IP.. Crazy!

• @earl doesnt AvanteHosting charge 12$ for the initial IP? then +1$/ after?