Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LAUNCH - CloudCommando finally arrives on the lean, mean streets of LET! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LAUNCH - CloudCommando finally arrives on the lean, mean streets of LET!

Comments

• @AlexanderM said:
    Very nice to see Netapp storage, what sort of Netapp kit do you use? Are you using on tap 7-mode or clustered mode?

We run clustered NetApps running OnTap 7, its all fibre channel storage. We run OnTap 8 for corporate services.

• @0xdragon said:
    Should be :) Follow the guide and wait for the polling!

I've followed the guide and added both a dedicated server and a openvz vps.

The dedi works well, however Observium can't fetch storage info of the openvz vps.

I wonder if the agent will work.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @764664 said:
    I wonder if the agent will work.

Interesting, what sort of errors are you seeing (or not seeing). Ticket in if you can :)

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited December 2014

Damn, I should have read that! - How many instances do we have to buy to
    convince you buying the professional edition? :D

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Hmm damn I woke up to late for this :-P.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @catalystium said:
    Hmm damn I woke up to late for this :-P.

One more added, just for you!

@BBTN said:
    Damn, I should have read that! - How many instances do we have to buy to convince you buying the professional edition? :D

I'll talk to the Observium guys :)

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @0xdragon said:
    Interesting, what sort of errors are you seeing (or not seeing). Ticket in if you can :)

Ticketed. Thanks for your interest. :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon said:

Not quick enough apparently haha, I'll manage to get one eventually.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon said:
    I'll talk to the Observium guys :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Okay, time for some sleep.

@catalystium said:
    Not quick enough apparently haha, I'll manage to get one eventually.

PM me, you're going to get one. :)

• @0xdragon: Sleep tight Mr. Fuzzy Brain. :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:

What Netapp series do you have and what disk shells? Very hard to configure Netapp hardware for a cheap set up.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Just wanna jump in and say thanks for this unique service. Was following your other post and would be glad to see the plan with large storage to come online :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon congratulations buddy!

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @AlexanderM said:
    What Netapp series do you have and what disk shells? Very hard to configure Netapp hardware for a cheap set up.

It's fas3250 http://www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/fas3200/fas3200-product-comparison.aspx

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

5 MORE AVAILABLE! LAST ONES! (3 LEFT)

(2 LEFT)

(1 LEFT)

(SOLD OUT)

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Just managed to get one before it ran out :P

edited December 2014

@StartledPhoenix said:
    Just managed to get one before it ran out :P

Thanks for choosing CloudCommando. I'm always around, so you can PM me, ticket in or email. :-)

Some stock, making a total of 30. (3 left)

• @0xdragon said:
    Some stock, making a total of 30. (3 left)

btw, just curious, are you using Mandrill to send emails - got the approved email, but not the setup details. However, my mailserver has recorded a mandrill email bouncing around in greylisting - wondering if that is it.

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    btw, just curious, are you using Mandrill to send emails - got the approved email, but not the setup details. However, my mailserver has recorded a mandrill email bouncing around in greylisting - wondering if that is it.

Strange, I'm new to Blesta. May the fact that I made the Deployments department non-viewable causes it to not send an email. Yep, I made a boo-boo on the email settings. All fixed now! Thanks @StartledPhoenix for spotting that :)

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • edited December 2014

Few more things:

• Observium login uses HTTP D:
    • Billing confirmation subject is odd (It says Invoice Due (Copy)). I assume blesta is doing something odd with it

Few ideas on additional features

• Observium is annoying in the fact that it forces users to resolve a hostname to do SNMP. It kind of makes Cloudflare and other protection a bit of a PITA when the real server IPs are on a subdomain. If you create a small panel to allow users to add their own DNS subdomains (you can allow them to add a subdomain under their account name, such as $server.$accountname), this will allow users to simply add their servers to the internal subdomain instead of to public DNS.

Otherwise, the observium setup seems to be quite fast.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Got mine running with a few servers added, pretty quick speed too.

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    Few more things:

• Observium login uses HTTP D:
    • Billing confirmation subject is odd (It says Invoice Due (Copy)). I assume blesta is doing something odd with it

Few ideas on additional features

• Observium is annoying in the fact that it forces users to resolve a hostname to do SNMP. It kind of makes Cloudflare and other protection a bit of a PITA when the real server IPs are on a subdomain. If you create a small panel to allow users to add their own DNS subdomains (you can allow them to add a subdomain under their account name, such as $server.$accountname), this will allow users to simply add their servers to the internal subdomain instead of to public DNS.

Otherwise, the observium setup seems to be quite fast.

Keep up the good work :)

HTTPS coming today or tomorrow.

Blesta sucks. Custom DNS recording coming in the next week or two, as well as a panel. :-)

Thanked by 1PrincessOfCats
  • @StartledPhoenix @Nekki @catalystium @BBTN @764664 @bohdans @cassa @NeoXiD @arpanjot @Gerrard8 @HyperSpeed @Infinity580 @upfreak

So, Blesta has no mass-mailing system, so I'll subscribe you all to a MailChimp list for announcements and new features/news. If you want to help out and add yourself, scroll down to the bottom of http://cloudcommando.com/ and add yourself :)

Thanks!

Thanked by 1bohdans
  • edited December 2014

Subscribed.

Dec 14 23:07:58 Erica postgrey[9514]: action=greylist, reason=new, client_name=mail1.mcsignup.com, client_address=205.201.139.33, sender=bounce-md_9656357.548e5eaa.v1-838156ec84b545399b075e7be3bb6719@mandrillapp.com, recipient=phoenix@removed

Dec 14 23:07:58 Erica postfix/smtpd[12062]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail1.mcsignup.com[205.201.139.33]: 450 4.2.0 <phoenix@removed>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/removed.html; from=bounce-md_9656357.548e5eaa.v1-838156ec84b545399b075e7be3bb6719@mandrillapp.com to=<phoenix@removed> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail1.mcsignup.com>
    Dec 14 23:07:58 Erica postfix/smtpd[12062]: disconnect from mail1.mcsignup.com[205.201.139.33]

Im sure it will arrive... eventually :P

• fyi the box doesn't show with adblock :-P.

• @catalystium said:
    fyi the box doesn't show with adblock :-P.

Which box? The subscribe box? That's odd.

• @0xdragon said:
    Which box? The subscribe box? That's odd.

Yeah was wondering where it was, disabled adblock and then I could see it.

• @catalystium said:
    Yeah was wondering where it was, disabled adblock and then I could see it.

O.o That's strange.

edited December 2014

There is only ONE more left of the $4 plan, so once it's gone; it's gone!

$12/year pre-sale will be available soon.