Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated server in Fremont
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated server in Fremont

RT, my budget is about <=70$.
the require is

1. CPU with VT-x/AMD-V support 2. RAM >=4G 3. >=10T tranffic

any suggestion?
:)

Comments

• Hi boss.
    Missed your Black Friday promotion.
    Does it still available?

• Do you have IPMI? So we can handle it myself when problem.
    And can I request 10T on 1G port instead of 100M unmetered.?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited December 2014

nvm

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Try Castlegem

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • Looks good
    But the price is too expensive.

@gbshouse said:
    Try Castlegem

• is there any suggestions? thx.

• ayukasayukas Member
    edited December 2014

swiftway maybe, but I think you should check the stock with their sales first.

• Have tried them already, but all their ips geo in NL, not native US.

@ayukas said:
    swiftway maybe, but I think you should check the stock with their sales first.

• Does it HAVE to be in Fremont. From memory that pretty much restricts you on the low end to someone that colo's at Hurricane Electric

• yep, the west coast is good for Asian. I have san jose,losangeles already, and now need a fremont server.

@MarkTurner said:
    Does it HAVE to be in Fremont. From memory that pretty much restricts you on the low end to someone that colo's at Hurricane Electric

• Low-end in Fremont means HE - HE is definitely not good for Asian transport.

If you need alternatives look in San Fran, Seattle or even Portland. You can get some quite well boxes there.

• Seattle in hand already, any suggestion at San Fran?

@MarkTurner said:
    Low-end in Fremont means HE - HE is definitely not good for Asian transport.

If you need alternatives look in San Fran, Seattle or even Portland. You can get some quite well boxes there.

• You would also vastly increase your choices by including the Phoenix market. PHX<->LA is typically about 10 - 12ms.

• edited December 2014

@catding said:
    Do you have IPMI? So we can handle it myself when problem.
    And can I request 10T on 1G port instead of 100M unmetered.?

Hello, We don't offer 1Gbps ports at the moment, sorry! It is something we have planned for the future.

Please check the link in the offer thread for updated stock information.

We do not offer IPMI however we can plug in a Spider (IPMI device) temporarily for you if needed.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner said:
    Low-end in Fremont means HE - HE is definitely not good for Asian transport.

HE's fine.

• shovenose said: HE's fine.

HE is overcongested almost all the time. Its just cheap and nasty transit.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@MarkTurner said:

That was true a while back but now they operate a great network for the price. Sure, it's not Level3, but it's still very good in most situations. Sometimes it can be a bit weird, but that's happening less and less these days.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@shovenose said:
    That was true a while back but now they operate a great network for the price. Sure, it's not Level3, but it's still very good in most situations. Sometimes it can be a bit weird, but that's happening less and less these days.

It's still true it's just hit or miss. It's probably fine for your racks in your location. Generally speaking though, I see HE problems on a daily basis.

• @jar - We bought a company last year that had HE in their mix, it was simply awful. People talk about Cogent being bad but HE/Atrato is right down there in a whole other league of outage/packet loss/bad routing issues.

• According to my experience , my server from Linode Fremont is exellent, maybe the fastest speed vps for Asian, though there is big latency sometime. It would be great if Linode provide dedicated server. Versaweb looks using he.net for Asian connection, not very fast but stable these years.

@MarkTurner said:
    jar - We bought a company last year that had HE in their mix, it was simply awful. People talk about Cogent being bad but HE/Atrato is right down there in a whole other league of outage/packet loss/bad routing issues.

• Looked through WHT, PHX dedicated server looks like all expensive. Haven't found any provider in my budget.

@datarealm said:
    You would also vastly increase your choices by including the Phoenix market. PHX<->LA is typically about 10 - 12ms.

• Checked on google map.
    Your location is a bit far from LA/San Jose, where the Asian fiber arrives US.

@frixelsolutions said:
    We do not offer IPMI however we can plug in a Spider (IPMI device) temporarily for you if needed.

• Ok. Is there any more suggestion on Fremont and PHX provider? Thx in advanced.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited December 2014

Will Los Angeles work? We'll be able to provide you with something in your budget if it does. Shoot me a private message for more details!

• Just gave I/Oflood a shot, will see how it work there.