Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.99EUR Online.net server + Proxmox with IP4 NAT - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1.99EUR Online.net server + Proxmox with IP4 NAT

2»

Comments

• @thehray said:
    Thank you. Silly mistake. Also Just now created a container, now how to know the IP of that container.

If you created the container, you should've set the IP at the time of the creation.

• as it was in tutorial , I created 10.0.0.1, will this be a valid one.?

Tutorial Link: I will follow following guide https://vpsaddicted.com/install-and-configure-proxmox-ve-for-nat-ipv4-vps-on-debian-wheezy/

• Far too expensive compared to hostrail.net or megavz.com.

• Not going to be possible to turn a weak server into a OpenVz the Cpu and Disk io is going to bottleneck the OpenVz containers.

I except for $6 a Vps a month with at lest 1Gb ram, 10GB SSD, 1 dedicated core and Dedicated ipv4 with all ports unlocked.

• certainly price wise and performance wise- lowendspirit would be better than this deal.

• After looking on hostrail.net, megavz.com and lowendspirit, I truly found that my offer is not good one. May be they are able to offer so good price and setup due to large number of customers.

For me it is not worth of time to go further in this setup so going to drop my idea. I thanks every one who contributed in this thread.

• I'm already in the process of setting up a FR Node @ Online.net just having problems with Centos on their system. (and have been for longer then this thread has been up for, not a spur of the moment decision)

Hoping to have it online somewhat soon.

• AutoSnipe said: FR Node @ Online.net

Hopefully not on a Kidechire... :-)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2014

Don't bother, I'm using one for providing free VPS's and even with 3 containers doing mostly nothing the load is quite high.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • No, not on a kidechire :P

it is still a cheap box, but it's better then that one lol..
    not the lowest cpu passmark nanovz has got, but it will still do the job nicely.

if we can get the OS to work :P

• Somebody tell me how should I connect to ssh of the created server via proxmox . 10.0.0.1 I have when creating. How should I find my public IP .

PS: I am not planning to get into hosting business. But want to split my dedi into small VPS so that I can have hosting on different VPS rather having it on one dedi and cashing some problems .

• @davi said:
    I do not have any experience in IP6 and how they work in proxmox. So on safe side, these vps will not have any IP6 address. And IP6 will be disabled on whole server.

They are supported ;)

• Somebody tell me how to bring my container online.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@thehray said:
    Somebody tell me how to bring my container online.

Ask @davi to boot it unless he gave you a login or panel access.

@thehray said:
    Somebody tell me how should I connect to ssh of the created server via proxmox . 10.0.0.1 I have when creating. How should I find my public IP .

You would need to ask @davi what port he has forwarded from the node IP to your internal IP that is mapped to 22.

Generally NAT based VM's go off say 10 ports that are based on the last octet of your IP but it is upto @davi since he is the admin.

• @wych said:
    Generally NAT based VM's go off say 10 ports that are based on the last octet of your IP but it is upto davi since he is the admin.

I am not working on @davi's dedi, I have installed proxmox on my dedi with internal ip 10.0.0.1 which is pointed to the ip of my dedi and the script is running.

• @thehray said:
    I am not working on davi's dedi, I have installed proxmox on my dedi with internal ip 10.0.0.1 which is pointed to the ip of my dedi and the script is running.

Oh right, then you need to map ports from the main nodes public IP into your internal range that you wish to use.

http://www.fclose.com/816/port-forwarding-using-iptables/ should point you in the right direction.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Don't bother, I'm using one for providing free VPS's and even with 3 containers doing mostly nothing the load is quite high.

I'm seeing the same, hardly running anything at all, ts3 server and DNS.