Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(False Positive) VPS Offer in Brazil :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

(False Positive) VPS Offer in Brazil :)

KeyJeyKeyJey Member
edited December 2014 in General

Hi, I just saw an email from hostinger owners announcing hosting and VPS with 40% disscount.

This is a sample of R$ 11.40 offer (about $4.3 USD):

CPU: 2.4 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
Disk: 20 GB **SSD **!
Traffic: 1000 GB

Aparently, they are hosted in same datacenter than Host1plus, in Sao Paulo, and prices are less than half, but don't have more info now.

COUPON --> DESCONTO40

You can pay with paypal but they are not provisioning instantly, paypal waiting for paypal validation from its side.

Anyway, I see it very very interesting, time for hos1plus to have some decent competence !

Link --> https://www.weblink.com.br/servidores
Netw test file --> https://www.weblink.com.br/netspeed.zip

Good luck ! I'm waiting for mine one, hope I can move my 3 servers from Host1plus soon !

Cheers :)

Comments

• Hello KeyJey! We are really sorry to hear that. However, is the price the only issue? We'd appreciate if you'd give us feedback for as to get to the root of the problem. Cheers!

• What kind of network speed comes at that price?

• Is this OVZ or KVM?

• Which type of VZ? Nothing about.. If still OVZ not such a big deal.. Test IP refer to HostDime.com.br but prices ten times more than Weblink offered :)

• @KeyJey, please add a review later

• LeeLee Veteran

I would take Host1Plus over Hostinger any day of the week, they are as scummy as they come.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • fitvpn said: Which type of VZ? Nothing about.. If still OVZ not such a big deal..

Not to you maybe, but virtualisation type is important to some.

• @Nekki said:
    Not to you maybe, but virtualisation type is important to some.

Especially when it comes to tun/tap options.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Nekki said: Not to you maybe, but virtualisation type is important to some.

I think they wanted to say that the whole thing sucks and isn't as noteworthy ("not a big deal") if it's the OVZ crap.

Thanked by 30xdragon Nekki ucxo
  • Well, I got my VPS and the offer for VPS is not in Sao Paulo, it's in the USA (Ohio).

• @KeyJey said:
    Well, I got my VPS and the offer for VPS is not in Sao Paulo, it's in the USA (Ohio).

In all fairness, they don't quote a location for the VPS offers.

Do you want to change the title so it's less misleading?

• @KeyJey said:
    Well, I got my VPS and the offer for VPS is not in Sao Paulo, it's in the USA (Ohio).

welcome to Brazil :(

• Nekki said: Do you want to change the title so it's less misleading?

Done ;)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Nekki said: In all fairness, they don't quote a location for the VPS offers.

Well, where did @KeyJey get the test file link? That IP is in Brazil, and if that test file was posted anywhere in connection with the VPS offers, then it's indeed false advertising.

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

Looking at the site they offer servers out of Orlando, I would guess the IP's are geolocated to Brazil.

• wych said: Looking at the site they offer servers out of Orlando, I would guess the IP's are geolocated to Brazil

They gave me this IP 31.220.18.236. I guess I saw it was located in Ohio.

• I got the test link in an email of them, but it's in portuguese :)

• KeyJey said: I got the test link in an email of them, but it's in portuguese :)

Did you run it through a translator to see what it said? What about the order form for that matter?

• Nekki said: Did you run it through a translator to see what it said? What about the order form for that matter?

No, I do talk portuguese and other languages, I didn't need to use any translator.

If you want I can post or PM the email.

• KeyJey said: If you want I can post or PM the email.

No need; just curious to know if the test file was supposed to be indicative of what you could expect from the VPS? If so, you've cause for complaint.

• Nekki said: No need; just curious to know if the test file was supposed to be indicative of what you could expect from the VPS? If so, you've cause for complaint

Sorry, didn't see this post Nekki! Yes, the link is from an IP in Sao Paulo (https://www.weblink.com.br/netspeed.zip). I know I can cry to them, but that's a loss of time, I won't get any VPS in Sao Paulo for the announced price doing that. So it's fine.

I was just trying to share in here what I throught was a very nice offer, but false positive ! :)