Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you feel about the online €1.99 server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you feel about the online €1.99 server

It seems very slow for me.
How about you guys?

Comments

• I want one :)

• It has an 1,6GHZ one core cpu what do you expect:p anyway I think for the price it's fine :) I personally own two of them: one is running as tor relay (17TB a month) and the other one is currently for testing purposes :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • At least worth the 2 euros.

• Excellent for the 2 euros! I use one as a remote linux desktop, another one as a radio streamer - mp3 storage and a web server for some small sites and another one for testing purposes. I also did some video rendering, although it is very slow for that, but, at least, it is dedicated, so, I do not dusturb any neibourghs as in a vps. All of the dedis are working great, if you have in mind the cpu.

• What are you running on it? Works fine here with debian and low usage software.

• @jvnadr what software u use for radio steamer?any idea how to setup a podcast??

• what software to use for shoutcast streaming

• I couldn't be more happy.

2 euros, 1 core to be abused as I want, 2gb ram, 24/7 internet connection and 160gb disk. $0 of power bill. This should talk by itself.

They are great to host static content or dynamic content that can be cached.

They can work as a remote desktop, they can be used as seedboxes, if you know what you are doing they can deliver a lot of juice.

For 2 euros I doubt you can find anything like these servers. BTW 2 euros/month can't even pay the hardware cost.

Thanked by 2netomx Maounique
  • I feel we already have a thread for them, why has another been made?

• said: It seems very slow for me. How about you guys?

What about it seems slow? What are you comparing it to?

• Futhermore, do not forget the 100GB ftp backup space :)

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I would say they are easily worth 10€/month. I got 3 of them and couldn't be happier.

• @rajprakash PM me, I will let you rent one at $5/month ;)

• They are great if you don't mind the slow CPU.

• It's a good deal at 6€/month, it's a steal at 2€/month http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2

It may not 'burst' as well as some VPS's, but it's dedicated resources. I wish they had some better routes to north america (more specifically my home ISP), but I don't get to be picky for 2€.

• Great, €2/month, dedicated resources, what more you can expect?

• How do you feel about the online €1.99 server

Thanked by 4Kassem trvz netomx Pwner
  • More than satisfied :)

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited December 2014

More than satisfied! For me the most valuable is the bandwith, that easily gets up to 110Mbyte/s (so full gbit). And surprisingly there is no cap at all. You can really push 100tb a month, which is insane.

Edit: CPU however is not great, you are right.

Thanked by 1aaxaa
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

chrisp said: the bandwith, that easily gets up to 110Mbyte/s (so full gbit)

Download does since it's almost unused in DCs, but upload is in a higher demand and as a result the actual speeds can vary greatly.

chrisp said: You can really push 100tb a month

Don't get "too" crazy with that, they do watch out for and react on bandwidth abuse. In at least one case servers were withdrawn from a client (with a refund), though that was due to 24x7 usage of hundreds of Mbps across multiple 1.99 servers. Be reasonable, remember how much you're paying, and that the bandwidth while being unmetered and non-guaranteed is also shared with other people on the same network.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_ said: Download does since it's almost unused in DCs, but upload is in a higher demand and as a result the actual speeds can vary greatly.

You're not kidding, I've had uploads running as low as 500kb/s at times.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

And where is link on online.net to get one ?

• @Saahib said:
    And where is link on online.net to get one ?

It's not available anymore.

• i need more for playing with coreos

• Ryan22 said: i need more for playing with coreos

How many? :)

• It takes me one :( If someone is willing to hire me at a reasonable price I am interested in. I think it would be perfect for a git server.

• CoreOs is it free on online.net??

• vampireJvampireJ Member
    edited December 2014

mikeyur said: It's a good deal at 6€/month, it's a steal at 2€/month http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-scg2

It may not 'burst' as well as some VPS's, but it's dedicated resources. I wish they had some better routes to north america (more specifically my home ISP), but I don't get to be picky for 2€.

Can't be a steal at 6€/month when you can have a ks-1 (from kimsufi that is) at 5€/month with far bigger disk space

• I'm using it for cheap, dedicated storage.