Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a Windows VM provider that can start 100~200 VMs within a short time - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a Windows VM provider that can start 100~200 VMs within a short time

2»

Comments

• You could use VMware vCloud OnDemand, use snapchots and deploy them. Could be a bit pricy (~7$/day for 4GB RAM, 2CPU, 10gbps, 64GB SSD and Windows 2012 R2 (with a valid license))

• @phoenixinter said:
    Nope. I'm testing services of my company, but we've already banned EC2 and Azure IP ranges so it's no use to use these VMs and test them.

Why did you ban those IPs?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

What would be rent period of those instances. We can deploy one instance per 25 seconds on ssd nodes. All deployment can be scripted and generated from one template.

• ehabehab Member
    edited December 2014

are you sure you need VMs? what is your core test plan? did you actually consider such a test case is not economical and results will not be reproducible or not effective! i would revise what your testing.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited December 2014

@phoenixinter Can you describe the usage in detail to show it is not against our ToS or law?

We can provide such environment with a cloudstack api or over cloudmoneky cli. Deployment process will be handled during several management nodes in a cluster, so the amount is not a problem. Do you need for each instance a public ip address or is it possible over source nat with sharing a few public addresses? Do you require windows licenses or do you have your own or trial?

• Try Winity, A+ service that seems bulletproof.

I would drop them a message first to make sure they can accommodate your needs though.

• @raindog308 said:

That you cannot think about a legitimate reason doesn't mean it does not exist.

For my case we're working on a system naturally targeted by bots. So EC2 and Azure have been banned naturally since from our own experience, these are the most obvious solutions to deploy bots. But still we need to do stress testing to simulate real user load.

But anyway, you can still feel in a way that you are sure of.

• @MikHo said:
    White list the IP assigned to you and run your web app. Then block the IPs again.

This looks like a feasible solution. Thanks MikHo!

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

@phoenixinter Is the location important to you ? (based in france)

• @TheLonely said:
    You could use VMware vCloud OnDemand, use snapchots and deploy them.

Did you get accepted then? ;)

• @wych said:
    Did you get accepted then? ;)

Yes :)
    Beta and early access.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

phoenixinter said: For my case we're working on a system naturally targeted by bots. So EC2 and Azure have been banned naturally since from our own experience, these are the most obvious solutions to deploy bots. But still we need to do stress testing to simulate real user load. But anyway, you can still feel in a way that you are sure of.

phoenixinter said: @MikHo said: White list the IP assigned to you and run your web app. Then block the IPs again.
    phoenixinter said: This looks like a feasible solution. Thanks MikHo!

Thanked by 2netomx Darwin
  • LOL, OP type 1 million words, but means nothing. Apparently he wants to do something related both a windows base operation system and an fresh IP which didn't been "used" a lot. Not sure what exactly he is about to do, but stress test is really a far-fetched reason.