Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seo with Cloudflare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seo with Cloudflare

Does cloudflare has any side effect to seo?

Comments

• yes, cloudflare blocks all "seo"

• @wlcy001 Nope. Got lots of sites running behind CloudFlare that drive a good amount of organic traffic.

• haven't seen any effect to my sites behind cloudflare

• None at all

• Although a Google search for "cloudflare effect on seo" some others say otherwise. Think I may need to look deeper into this as most of my sites are on CloudFlare

• i don't see any ill effect from using cloudflare (and incapsula) on my sites yet.

• If you are worried about seo, then frankly you are being an idiot.

• @Mun, can you qualify that at all? After all there's a billion dollar industry behind SEO and plenty people 'who know what they're doing'. What do you know?

w.r.t. sites behind cloudflare, I can't see any issue.

w.r.t. citations from sites all behind cloudflare (like links) I don't see an issue either. There'll be a relatively natural proportion of sites in each niche that use cloudflare or any other CDN, so it's not really a special case.

• SEO is nothing more then smoke and mirrors in a goal of trying to get your content listed on the top section of big search engines using inorganic methods. In many cases you can hurt your site more then help with SEO tools.

If you are looking to improve your sites speed and functionality, then cloud flare is a good option. In the end you may even see a bump on your search engine entrances.

• So you agree the order of results can be manipulated, great.

• @ricardo said:
    So you agree the order of results can be manipulated, great.

No, I agree writing good content, have great functionalities, and a fast web site will generate good traffic.

I have spent many lengths of time searching seo, and it effectively does nothing for the long term. With that in mind, cloud flare will not help you or anyone else with there silly ploy on getting thousands of hits on a website with shit content.

In otherwords, stop spending so much time worrying about seo, instead build good content and lots of it.

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • well that's a laissez-faire approach, not necessarily the action everyone should take, which is what you're implying.

• What I don't understand is all my sites are hosted in the UK and CloudFlares IPS if doing an IP lookup on one of my domains shows as USA. Surely that's not good if a UK website wants to rank on Google UK

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited December 2014

@n1kko said:
    What I don't understand is all my sites are hosted in the UK and CloudFlares IPS if doing an IP lookup on one of my domains shows as USA. Surely that's not good if a UK website wants to rank on Google UK

On all cloudflare IP's, even ones in UK is:

• Ignore the myopic view that SEO doesn't matter, the geolocation question is precisely one reason why you can't consider a search engine to be an all knowing oracle of truth.

For Google, you can log into their webmaster tools section and specify that your domain pertains to a specific country. That's helpful if you use a gTLD rather than a ccTLD. If you use a ccTLD then search engines tend to assume your domain is of interest to people in that country.