Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.99 euro dedis - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1.99 euro dedis

2»

Comments

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

@hostnoob said:
    That's true, but also, the more people who get one, the more people likely to upgrade or tell others about Online. They said themselves they lose about 2 euros per server, so if someone orders 10 servers just to resell, they're probably not gonna upgrade or bother telling others.

True, but those people are exactly the people that hold onto the servers the best, if even their (the reseller's) customers cancel, they will often keep the server and turn it over. This saves Online.net for having to reclaim the server, and find a new owner.

I personally love resellers, they do all my work for me. I give them a good price, they buy in bulk, I give them a better price, they purchase in a larger bulk / upgrade their resources / etc, I give them a better price, (rinse and repeat.) It's a great system for the provider (us) and the customer (reseller), since we can both support each other.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GoodHosting said:
    Online doesn't have much reason to care as long as they're sold out; regardless of the reason that they are sold out. (Not every company has morals; no idea if Online.net does, heh.)

That's not the case with these special promos, they're not making much of a profit (if any). The aim is to reach out to as many customers as possible.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

GoodHosting said: I personally love resellers, they do all my work for me. I give them a good price

Yes, but (hopefully), you do not sell to them at a loss, like Online.net admits. If you do sell at loss or give away something for promo, you would like it to reach as many people as possible, people giving free t-shirts, dont give 100/person, they give one per person so their logo is displayed by as many people as possible.

• @kcaj said:
    That's not the case with these special promos, they're not making much of a profit (if any). The aim is to reach out to as many customers as possible.

@Maounique said:
    Yes, but (hopefully), you do not sell to them at a loss, like Online.net admits. If you do sell at loss or give away something for promo, you would like it to reach as many people as possible, people giving free t-shirts, dont give 100/person, they give one per person so their logo is displayed by as many people as possible.

Don't worry, I agree; I do wonder if they would have any decent means of enforcing the "l. 1/c" though, given that people just register with fraudulent information to begin with (due to complaints of the phone number syntax, etc.)

• GoodHosting said: Don't worry, I agree; I do wonder if they would have any decent means of enforcing the "l. 1/c" though, given that people just register with fraudulent information to begin with (due to complaints of the phone number syntax, etc.)

It'd just be more work for people, I suppose. Maybe allow only one account to use a payment method; you can't use the credit card on 3 different accounts. Technically it would be possible to use bitcoin payments, create different bitcoin wallets, and split it up, but at that point, it's just way too much work.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

GoodHosting said: due to complaints of the phone number syntax, etc

I registered with existing phone numbers, this is one reason I have a company in some other people name. It was still hard to guess how to input it.