Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any budget locations in Cincinnati, Ohio?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any budget locations in Cincinnati, Ohio?

JamesBotJamesBot Member
edited December 2014 in Requests

Cincinnati is very close to where I live. I've found Zayo to have Cincinnati colocation, are there any providers that use this location?

http://www.zayo.com/services/colocation/facilities/334-gest-st-cincinnati-oh-colocation

Comments

• We have a POP in Cyrus One's facility there but its for peering not for servers. I don't see many VPS/Dedicated server providers in that market. But I think Cyrus One have 4-5 facilities there so there must be some in those sites.

• @MarkTurner said:
    We have a POP in Cyrus One's facility there but its for peering not for servers. I don't see many VPS/Dedicated server providers in that market. But I think Cyrus One have 4-5 facilities there so there must be some in those sites.

WOW! They have a datacenter in my own city. I also live in a very small city, that datacenter is only about 5 miles away.

• You could always drop them an email or call them and ask them to pass your information to any VPS or dedicated server providers in their facility. They are quite nice/approachable people.

• @MarkTurner said:
    You could always drop them an email or call them and ask them to pass your information to any VPS or dedicated server providers in their facility. They are quite nice/approachable people.

Thanks, I'll try that. I am really amazed they have a datacenter in my city though. There is absolutely nothing special about my city, seems like a very strange place for them to put one up.

• Maybe the local state/town gave them a good incentive. Also the power company could have offered an electricity deal.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Maybe the local state/town gave them a good incentive. Also the power company could have offered an electricity deal.

Mabye. I couldn't find a single provider other then Cryus offering that location, so it doesn't seem to be like one of their best sellers. Still, hopefully there will be a way to get one, without having to spend a fortune.

• @numaplay I'm in the area as well and the only locations I know of are in Columbus

• @thedarkfox said:
    numaplay I'm in the area as well and the only locations I know of are in Columbus

Who offers that?

• XLHost offers VPSs in/near Columbus but not within the LEB price limits. They can be trialed for 30 days @ 90% off with a promo code on cloud.net. But the cloud.net offers for Softlayer and other VPS providers are cheaper.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Maybe the local state/town gave them a good incentive. Also the power company could have offered an electricity deal.

Well I found out why they have a datacenter there. They bought out an internet provider called Cincinnati Bell, which apparently had one of their centers in my city. Its a very small datacenter, so the price wouldn't be the cheapest. They told me Host Gator and Rackspace rents out part of that datacenter, but neither Host Gator or Rackspace actually sells that locations.