Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there hardly any reseller offers, providers post your reseller hosting offers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why is there hardly any reseller offers, providers post your reseller hosting offers!

neotheoneneotheone Member
edited December 2014 in General

Then we can see who the best maybe?

Comments

• didn't VPS basically entirely replace reseller accounts? :)

• RyanD said: didn't VPS basically entirely replace reseller accounts? :)

Not really no as a reseller can be from a dedicated server with lots of ram disk lots of features that would cost at least $100 a month to buy so with a reseller you basically save a lot of money. Only thing is choosing the reseller that will be a good one..!

• CakeyCakey Member
    edited December 2014

neotheone said: Not really no as a reseller can be from a dedicated server with lots of ram disk lots of features that would cost at least $100 a month to buy so with a reseller you basically save a lot of money. Only thing is choosing the reseller that will be a good one..!

Agree and for smaller businesses with not too much knowledge in the linux field it's better to go with reseller hosting rather than setting it up and updating it yourself and risking to mess up in the long run.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There probably won't be a large number despite the new rules. I'm expecting days at a time to go by without a single one, even after it picks up a bit.

• Cakey said: Agree and for smaller businesses with not too much knowledge in the linux field it's better to go with reseller hosting rather than setting it up yourself and risking to mess up in the long run.

The saving of money is what i am looking at not really that it is managed but yes i agree.

• mikeyur said: Just go with BuyShared (from BuyVM)

Slow servers so i hear maybe they are fixing this issue soon.

• Jar said: There probably won't be a large number despite the new rules. I'm expecting days at a time to go by without a single one, even after it picks up a bit.

I am sure there will be, we could do a bet? : D

• neotheone said: The saving of money is what i am looking at not really that it is managed but yes i agree.

Wasn't talking much about managed, more that the host actually keeps everything up to date rather than yourself having to do it... Well that is basically managed but still.

neotheone said: Slow servers so i hear maybe they are fixing this issue soon.

Gonna test that out when I get the details as I ordered right before they went off ;n;

• Yup, and more servers coming soon to allow more stock and spread the load - according to @Francisco

I haven't had any problems with my service, just the odd slowdown (mostly noticeable in cPanel/WHM). But for $3/mo I get a reseller account with 2 dedicated IPs.. can't complain.

Just got this 20 mins ago:

At 1730h Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8) tomorrow, 04 Dec, we will be taking the BuyShared node in Las Vegas down for maintenance to address the recent drops in performance.

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • Cakey said: Gonna test that out when I get the details as I ordered right before they went off ;n;

If you have a buyvm reseller please post here to let us know how the speed is etc if it is overloaded or not.

• neotheone said: If you have a buyvm reseller please post here to let us know how the speed is etc if it is overloaded or not.

Yep will if no one else has, but guessing it will take a good 12 hours as it's off their work hours at the moment.

• Anyone using namecheap or arvixe resellers? I know they will be of the highest quality not the cheapest of course but could be worth looking into?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm tracking down a possible bug with the LSI cards we have in that node that is probably causing write performance issues. Reads are fine but during heavy write loads (we do 200MB/sec spikes a lot), it spikes iowait.

The maintenance, while long, should address it for good.

Francisco

• I use this http://www.onehopweb.com/ << good quality not that cheap though, and about 7 others, i have over 10 hosting sites doing reselling.

• If you make a search you can see a few options. People usually suggest the same 2 or 3 companies.

Most of them the support is not good.

Other one you can not change your main domain or one unpolite guy of the support team will have a heart attack.

I hope in short time both things can change: more offers and better support in resellers providers.

• DragonDF said: I hope in short time both things can change: more offers and better support in resellers providers.

I am with you 100%

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

Reseller hosting is usually massively oversold and on old retired servers. At least that's how it was with hostgator and jaguarpc!

• @shovenose said:
    Reseller hosting is usually massively oversold and on old retired servers. At least that's how it was with hostgator and jaguarpc!

I agree, and the limitation of $4 on reseller account is definitely not going to help that. I think LET should change that to at least $7

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah not to mention you have to have a pretty solid reputation as a host to get the good let customers.

There are far too many people here that would buy a shared hosting account and spam until you shut it down.

I sell shares hosting and reseller space but I wouldn't post an offer here

• If you edit settings etc spamming can be easly fixed, though it will be never 100% full proof.

• ksubedi said: I agree, and the limitation of $4 on reseller account is definitely not going to help that. I think LET should change that to at least $7

I am looking to change that soon to $7 as well. Any thoughts on the annual pricing limits? Same as for VPS?

Thanked by 1ksubedi
  • @mpkossen said:
    I am looking to change that soon to $7 as well. Any thoughts on the annual pricing limits? Same as for VPS?

Why not? I wish that all shared / reseller offers are screened by a moderator before getting posted though.

• I think all Shared / Reseller / VPS Offers should be screened by a moderator first.. this would cut down on the amount of flag's mods/admins get from crap posts.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'll be starting one soon.

• @mpkossen said:

Yes,I'd say same pricing for reseller as vps and changing pricing per month of shared to $4 should work.

• @neotheone said:

They are fixing:

At 1730h Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8) tomorrow, 04 Dec, we will be taking the BuyShared node in Las Vegas down for maintenance to address the recent drops in performance. Total downtime will be four hours, with the node and all services coming back online at 2130h that evening. No action needs to be taken by you, and there will be no risk of any data loss - we are merely performing hardware tweaks and upgrades to improve performance for the node. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to submit a support ticket at our billing panel.

Thank you for your patience;

Aldryic C'boäs,
    Frantech Staff

• About the price we have a few companies running Reseller accounts under $4.
    BlueVM, Francitech(BuyVM) and another one I forgot.

If the name is "lowend" I can not see why to change to $7.
    Maybe the specs of these offers. In fact, we could not see offers in these last days. So, maybe the problem is really the price.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • I just seen that the reseller offers pricing has been raised to a amount that will be good for the hosts so they do not deadpool due to underpricing to much.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    I think all Shared / Reseller / VPS Offers should be screened by a moderator first.. this would cut down on the amount of flag's mods/admins get from crap posts.

Unfortunately Vanilla doesn't allow us to do that.

Thanked by 1neotheone