Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good FAQ software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good FAQ software?

Hey you guys!

I'm searching for a good FAQ software for one of my LEBs.
Any suggestions?

I've found phpMyFAQ, but I'm not convinced it is the right choice.
Also new or not-so-common software welcome! :)

Thank you.

Comments

• Docuwiki with FAQ plugin.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

If you're going for that retro 1998 feeling...

http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/

I was forced to use, and then administer, this hideousness for several years.

Wow...just checked...last release 2004.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Another older one - http://www.phpmyfaq.de/

• Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Any more recent software maybe?

• At a risk of disaproval from the WP haters...
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-awesome-faq/ ?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm wondering why you need special "FAQ software". Make the section a header (maybe h2), the question a header (maybe h3), and the answer a paragraph, and voila, your FAQ.

Or bold the questions and don't bold the answers.

Or...really, it's all just text isn't it? Or are you looking for more of a searchable knowledgebase?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:
    I'm wondering why you need special "FAQ software". Make the section a header (maybe h2), the question a header (maybe h3), and the answer a paragraph, and voila, your FAQ.

Or bold the questions and don't bold the answers.

Or...really, it's all just text isn't it? Or are you looking for more of a searchable knowledgebase?

You are probably right. What I'm searching for is more a "searchable knowledgebase" than a FAQ system. :)

• @DarioX said:

Ctrl+f?

Otherwise like 50-100(I love withe space and commenting FYI) php lines or so and you are done with the search function

• @TheLonely said:

I'd like to have basic functions like user groups, permissions, maybe ratings. Anyway I'm primarily searching for new software.

• @DarioX that basically sounds like a wordpress install with one or two plugins.

• @wych said:
    DarioX that basically sounds like a wordpress install with one or two plugins.

Yeah, in the end I will probably just go with WP + plugins. Was hoping to find a more lightweight solution. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Docuwiki with FAQ plugin.!!

• frankfrank Member
    edited December 2014

@DarioX said:
    Yeah, in the end I will probably just go with WP + plugins. Was hoping to find a more lightweight solution. Thanks for the suggestions.

Code one in Django (if you know Python) as its kind of made for exactly your requirements, but if you don't know Python then don't bother. Is more lightweight than a WP install+plugins, and could be done in a few hours if you have a good ability with Python as its that straightforward to do.

edit: Just remembered think Django's tutorial is creating exactly this, or it was years ago.

• Anyone remember the first version of LET? It was on OSQA which I thought was pretty good.

• Atlassian have a FAQ/QA module for Confluence